Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Emptied trash--can it be retrieved again

This is a discussion on Emptied trash--can it be retrieved again within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My friend with a Mac thought she was deleting from the Cloud. When she emptied her trash on the computer

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

My friend with a Mac thought she was deleting from the Cloud. When she emptied her trash on the computer it deleted the originals. Can they be restored anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

STOP! Let me further emphasize STOP. Do not use the computer. There are many programs for retrieving deleted data from Mac. Wait for a valid post as to which as many are no good and could make the missing stuff harder to retrieve.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

There are a couple of programs for recovering Data from the Emptied Trash on a Mac: https://www.anysoftwaretools.com/rec...-alternatives/
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.8.5, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 9.3.5

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

I've used TestDisk (PhotoRec) a couple times. But the OS itself is always caching things to the disk, so it's possible the blocks have been overwritten already.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:57 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks for the information. I'll remember the cautions about turning off the computer if it ever happens to me. I do routine backups so I feel fairly confident about my stuff.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
search netsite virus
I am having trouble with the browser redirect virus. When I click a website on the google search page it takes me to search netsite webpage. If I paste that url directly there is no issue. Tried all anti virus, malware, spyware, combifix and so on.. nothing works pls help
amy123a Inactive Malware Help Topics 25 03-20-2012 10:58 PM
Virus Spyware Removal Help
Google Redirect Virus I have access to installation CD's. I am a computer teacher, and have experience with spyware/virus removal, but this one is a tough. Thanks in advance. --------------- . DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_24...
robla64 Resolved HJT Threads 21 02-28-2012 10:14 AM
google wont search
Hi I am a new member. Have had a problem with google for a few days, it wont search! I have done some diggiing around on the web, and have run CCleaner, TDSSSkiller, hitman pro. I have deleted google chrome. Rebooted, still doesnt work. I have tried to run DDS but it freezes about 2/3 of the way...
Tamskinner Resolved HJT Threads 51 08-24-2011 06:10 AM
Not sure what is going on...
I was recommended here through the following post in this forum: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-repeatedly-install-568442.html THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! DDS.TXT Results: . DDS (Ver_11-03-05.01) - NTFSx86
crazydiamond Inactive Malware Help Topics 22 05-28-2011 07:46 AM
Browser redirect
Hi, I suspect I have a brower redirect/rootkit problem. Main symptom is occasional redirections of firefox to random sites but most commonly and incresingly to the "scour" site. I have AVG 9 installed. The attached archive contains two copies of the GMER log as I seems to have problems...
donkeyfan237 Resolved HJT Threads 12 02-21-2011 09:34 PM