Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Early 2008 white Macbook keeps asking to download and install OS X El Capitan

This is a discussion on Early 2008 white Macbook keeps asking to download and install OS X El Capitan within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, i have an Early 2008 White Macbook running a customised version of Mountain Lion (Macbook only supports up to

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hi, i have an Early 2008 White Macbook running a customised version of Mountain Lion (Macbook only supports up to OS X Lion but i managed to custom install Mountain Lion) and every now and then i get a notification form the app store saying i can update to El Capitan the Macbook does not support it, is there anyway to stop the app store from pushing the notification.

Regards,

Jack3375
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

You will need to check with whoever developed the "Hack" that allowed it to run Mountain Lion... basically the App store doesn't realize it is running on an unsupported machine because it has been hacked to run ML and is running unsupported software so unexpected behaviors are going to happen.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #3
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.8.5, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 9.3.5

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

Open the Mac App store and click on the updates button. Once it's checked and shows all the updates, right click (Or control click) on the El Capitan update and select Hide Update. It should stop bugging you about it now.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Install XBMC on Macbook Air
Any instructions in how to install XBMC on Macbook Air ? What is the best stable file of XBMC to use and where I could download it ? Is it I need to download a dmg extension file to install ? How do I install the hub wizard on it after I intall it ? Is it I can install via fusion site...
zhong Mac Support 1 07-27-2014 10:47 AM
bluescreen
Hi everyone , Since almost a week ago my computer is getting bluescreens. The sound also cracks and when I restart my computer it takes very long to start firefox (and other browsers). Even if I wait ten minutes after rebooting it still takes several minutes and sometimes firefox crashes...
Bluescreenman Windows XP Support 4 02-17-2011 11:31 AM
BSOD Deciphering
Hi All, We seem to be going through a patch of BSOD's at the minute, the latest one I have attached jcgriff helped us out on one a while back that had been troubling us for far too long so thought I would ask for some tips The one attached screams faulty RAM (to me at least), but we have...
Upland Systems Windows XP Support 6 02-15-2011 05:34 AM
Vista to XP Downgrade Compaq/ HP F700/G6000/DV6900/DV6700/DVx7xx/DV9800 Series Laptop
GUIDELINES Please read the following:. I have compiled a list of drivers for the Compaq Presario/HP F700/G6000,DV6900/DV6700/x7xx and DV9800 series laptops with an AMD Processor ONLY. These drivers have been used "Successfully" to downgrade these laptops from Vista to XP. I must warn you....
BCCOMP Laptop Support 3 11-04-2008 07:58 PM