Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Do I Have The Correct Display Cable?

This is a discussion on Do I Have The Correct Display Cable? within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a macbook, and I purchase this cable So I could use my HDTV as a monitor. The OS

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Arrow

I have a macbook, and I purchase this cable So I could use my HDTV as a monitor. The OS X is version 10.7.5 ... 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 duo ... 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ... this is a 2008 model.

The cable doesn't fit in the port that has an icon that looks like a screen, but it will fit in the port that has a Y looking symbol, but the tv doesn't see it. The ad stated it would work with my machine. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the wrong cable and what is the correct one if it isn't? Thank you for reading my post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2017, 01:39 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

2008 Macbooks do not use the Thunderbolt display cable that you bought, they use the Mini DVI https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...cable&_sacat=0
Old 11-04-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Thanks for the link ... is the cable I have now good for anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Yes, it is good for all modern Macs with Thunderbolt Display ports.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using a dvi splitter cable to provide extended display
My customer's Dell Vostro 220 had an nVidia graphics card - the product ID is CN-0N4079-69861, not sure of the exact nVidia model no. - with a DMS-59 connector, hooked up to two monitors with a Molex splitter cable - single DMS-59 at the card end, DVI at each of the monitor ends. This enabled him...
smackenzie Video Card Support 5 11-20-2012 09:13 AM
Copper thieves battled with new anti-theft telecoms cable
The epidemic of telecom cable thefts has prompted a US company to develop a new design that drastically cuts down the copper content in a bid to deter metal thieves. The GroundSmart Copper Clad Steel cable is probably the most radical solution yet devised to copper theft in that it removes...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 2 01-20-2012 06:59 PM
[SOLVED] Display Port Cable
Hi Everyone. I've gone and bought myself 3 monitors for an eyefinity setup but at least one of them requires display port. Does anyone know of any cables that they can recommend? Are the cheap cables as good as the expensive ones or are they of much poorer quality, etc? Thanks!
deviess Other Hardware Support 4 01-15-2012 09:50 AM
not your ordinary Display issue!
Hello guys and let me begin by saying thanks for taking a look at this! ^.^ I am a fairly decent tech work with computer 24/7 got certs and such...so know I'm not some idiot here ^.- so feel free to not dim things down for me So I have a laptop I'm working on...would boot into windows fine...
metalfiiish Laptop Support 3 09-01-2011 08:40 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM