Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Digital photos no longer importing to iPhoto

This is a discussion on Digital photos no longer importing to iPhoto within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. After installing El Capitan i discovered that all photos from my camera no longer are imported to iPhoto but end

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

After installing El Capitan i discovered that all photos from my camera no longer are imported to iPhoto but end up in Photo. From there i cannot send them to iPhoto. This is after all, where i have all of my photos stored. Even after checking in iPhoto that all pictures from my camera should import to iPhoto they end up in Photo. I cannot see where i am supposed to change this. This is a fairly new problem so probably info on this is going to be sparse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2015, 03:19 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Update to the latest iPhoto: How To Install iPhoto in Yosemite or El Capitan (OS X 10.10 & 10.11) - Simple Help
Old 10-13-2015, 04:04 AM   #3
Registered Member

For anyone confronted with this problem, do the following: Uncheck the box in Photo allowing import from camera and make sure in IPhoto that you check the boxes that the photos should import from this . I tried it out twice just to make sure and it works for me.
Closed Thread