Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Correcting auto correct

This is a discussion on Correcting auto correct within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm starting to use my Mac mini and I've found that when typing in my last name, it keeps

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hi, I'm starting to use my Mac mini and I've found that when typing in my last name, it keeps auto correcting to something close, but obviously not a word.
It only does it when the option for auto fill pops up, and yes, the name is correct there. How do I delete that spelling from the auto correct dictionary?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

If you just keep typing it in and refusing the correction, it will learn that word is ok after a couple days.

Alternatively, you can open up the Mac App "Text Edit" and type your name in. It will underline your name to tell you it is spelled wrong... right click on it and hit "Learn Spelling" and it will add that word to your dictionary as an acceptable word.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" even with Correct Credentials
I have networked PCs before many times successfully, so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment. Though Iím wondering if Windows 8.1 is part of the problem. I would have thought that for sure, until one of the new laptops running W8.1 would not connect to any of the...
Modfiy_inc Networking Support 2 04-02-2014 11:38 AM
Outlook 2010 Auto Replies from multiple exchange accounts
Hi Everyone, I work at a University in London. We have a user who is having trouble setting Auto Replies from two other Exchange accounts which she manages. Basically, what's happening is you select exchange account you wish to send auto replies from under the files tab in Outlook, the select...
jakodell Microsoft Office support 0 04-29-2013 06:59 AM