Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Can't reinstall OS

This is a discussion on Can't reinstall OS within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey everyone, So after my girlfriends HDD in her Macbook Pro 9,2 died, I changed it with another HDD and

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 04:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey everyone,

So after my girlfriends HDD in her Macbook Pro 9,2 died, I changed it with another HDD and I can now create the partitions etc that I need to reinstall Mountain Lion.
I try to use the Internet Recovery method where it downloads and install automatically. My problem starts when it says that it is installing and the progression bar is moving. It started at 40 minutes, and every time it hit 0, it simply moved back to 40 again. After I had seen it do that for a couple of hours I went to bed. When I got up this morning, a pop-up on the screen said that it could not get the components needed for the installation (or something quite similar to that).
My internet connection is a 30/30 so I don't think that would be the bottleneck.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can make it work again? All ideas are welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

I would just suggest trying again. Your internet speed is sufficient but that doesn't mean there wasn't connection issues while it was attempting.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:22 AM   #3
Registered Member

I left it the same way again yesterday, and the same error came up.

Unfortunely I don't have acces to another Mac, so I wont be able to make a usb-stick with installation files from it. Is there any other way that can be done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2016, 01:48 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

OS X Mountain Lion - Apple
Old 06-29-2016, 01:54 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
As far as I understand, I'll need a Mac to download it from the App Store right? I don't have another Mac to do that from, so I guess it can't be done that way.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:21 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You can download the .dmg image to any computer. If on a PC, you can convert the file to an ISO image and burn it to a DVD or USB Flash Drive. Burn DMG file on Windows