Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

canon digital camera extension problems

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  zeolimpio 
#1 ·
Similar to the above OS question.

However, I have a PBG3-400, 320 RAM, 20GIG HD and had been quite happy with it. I'm a pro photographer and just bought the EOS 20D and proceeded to install the software that came with the camera but after installation and connection to the camera as described on page M9 of the cameras manual, a message appears: "software needed for the usb device - canon digital camera - is not available. would you like to look for the software on the internet?". So I went to the Canon site and downloaded a patch for the viewing utility, installed it, rebooted and the same problem occured. I also tryed (as suggested by the "read me file" on the patch, to copy to the system extensions folder ALL of the possible extensions that Canon has, which are in cluded with this patch. And it still doesnt work. OH! before doing the above I had tried over six times unistalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Though its not a big problem cause I can always download the pics through a card reader, I would like my three day old camera/software to work as it should.

I'm considering upgrading to OS X hoping that it may solve my problem. However here in Brazil it costs a lot of money.

If any of you can be of help I really do appreciate it.

Many thanks

Jose
www.bsbfoto.com

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.