Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Can I transfer digi cam pix directly to ext HDD?

This is a discussion on Can I transfer digi cam pix directly to ext HDD? within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I've just bought the Olympus E-M10 and I noticed its Mac software lets me choose the location where

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I've just bought the Olympus E-M10 and I noticed its Mac software lets me choose the location where I save the pix on my MBP 13in (early 2015).

Now my laptop's HDD is only 128 MB, and I am wondering if it'll be okay if I directly transfer pix from the camera to my ext HDD?

I am worried that a) changing the save location in the Olympus software may mess up with the pix already saved, or b) there may be a problem in directly on to the ext HDD bypassing the local HDD.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

A. It should only affect pictures you save after you make the change.
B. There is no problem in putting your pictures on EXT HDD. That is what they are for! :-)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yamaha AW4416 file type for backup to ext drive with HDD enclosure
Yamaha AW4416 file type for backup to ext drive with HDD enclosure I have owned a Yamaha AW4416 Digital Audio Recording Workstation for about 10 years. The 4416 stores the sound as files on a 2.5 inch ATA/IDE hard drive that attaches to a Yamaha proprietary adapter, MY8-AT model ADP25H that...
koebnick Hard Drive Support 5 02-29-2012 12:51 AM
Serious Issues with my computer..once again..HELP
Okay I really dont know what is going on with my laptop now. However I do know one issue. Whenever Im on the internet, I click on a link and it takes me to a completely different link. And then sometimes I get random pages opening up at random times...Thats just one of the issues. Another problem...
MissLaniSMS Inactive Malware Help Topics 28 06-17-2011 08:08 PM
[SOLVED] Windows XP BSOD Possibly ATI X1900 related
I found the thread BSOD posting for Windows 7 and Vista, but I'm running XP. As soon as someone points me to the proper place, I'll go through those motions. Please forgive any breech of protocol. Kind of flying blind here, so I beg your patience. First system info: ------------------ System...
DrZin Windows XP Support 11 06-03-2011 11:49 AM
need help with google virus
Hello, I have an issue with the google redirect virus. Im running Windows Vista sp2. Thank you. . DDS (Ver_11-03-05.01) - NTFSx86 Run by Alejandro Sanchez at 17:43:07.74 on Sat 03/05/2011 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18999 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_23 Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium ...
jasexile Resolved HJT Threads 9 03-12-2011 12:57 PM
Unable to transfer files to ext hdd
Hi, I am unable to transfer files to my external 1TB hard disk. Facing problems with transfer of a few video files. Tried to transfer them one by one (average of 1GB or less) does not work as well. It will show the transfer time but it does not progress at all. I can't access the internet as...
hippo_brown Hard Drive Support 1 01-12-2011 09:56 AM