Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

antivirus choices for Mac?

This is a discussion on antivirus choices for Mac? within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi, new to Macs. I installed Kaspersky as I have used it for years w PCs and been happy... for

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

hi, new to Macs. I installed Kaspersky as I have used it for years w PCs and been happy... for Macs, the last update was 2-3 weeks ago and it won't let me use Google w Firefox, because it doesnt have a security certificate. So, time for another choice.

Any thoughts on antivirus, other protection for Macs? I'm ok w paying but for the sake of the thread, I'm sure many would like free options too. I looked but not finding this information, though I expect it is around here somewhere...

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Macintosh have a different file system then Windows PC's, and they are not as susceptible to Viruses. There are only a handful of viruses out there that can infect a Mac as opposed of the thousands for PC. You really don't need Anti Virus protection.
If you decide to keep Kaspersky, you can turn off the security certificate option. https://forum.kaspersky.com/lofivers...hp/t46474.html

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Your Antivirus Running?
Is Your Antivirus Running?
JMH3143 Computer Security News 0 11-14-2014 03:52 PM
Facebook adds antivirus vendors to AV Marketplace, expands malicious URLs blacklist
Facebook has added seven more antivirus vendors to its AV Marketplace, a move that gives the social network a total of a dozen companies whose databases it can tap to identify malicious website links on the site. Facebook identified the additional partners Tuesday. They include avast!, AVG,...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 10-20-2012 08:21 AM
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
Free AntiVirus Comparisons
I've used AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Welcome to AV-Comparatives.org for a while now, to help our members take a look at the paid AntiVirus products available. While some of that might translate to the free products many forum readers like to use, it doesn't always....
tetonbob General Computer Security 0 08-26-2009 02:58 PM