Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express(s). Will the Express extend guest network?

This is a discussion on AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express(s). Will the Express extend guest network? within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to come up with a good solution to extend both my primary network and guest network across

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I am trying to come up with a good solution to extend both my primary network and guest network across our building. I was thinking or purchasing an AirPort Extreme (connect the WAN to our modem) and then connect one LAN to our unmanaged switch and the others to two or maybe 3 AirPort Expresses throughout our building (we have hard wired lines throughout so we can hardwire them all together).

That being said, if I put the Expresses in bridge mode, will they extend both the primary wireless network as well as the guest wireless network?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2016, 04:56 AM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

It will only extend a single that it is bridging.... I don't see a way to connect it to the 2nd network to extend it. The Primary Network and Guest Network are sandboxed from each other (Devices on network A cannot see devices on Network B) so its not like it can see them both from the same connection to share both.

I don't have any expresses to actually try this... but I don't think it is possible with them.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop won't connect to wireless network although signal is great
Earlier in the morning my router was unpluged twice by my baby brother when he was fooling around, and then when I plugged it in the third time my laptop won't connect the the wireless network. I could see the network with great signal on the connection list, but when I tried connect to it, it...
Clementine Networking Support 2 08-03-2013 03:37 PM
no audio after installing XP Pro SP3 to IBM T60
Sound worked fine before installing XP Pro SP3......after instal, no audio. No audio after installing XP Pro SP3 (from disc) on an IBM/Lenovo T60 ThinkPad. IBM/Lenovo drivers from Lenovo Support site for "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" are not recognized when trying to install...
Ray G Windows XP Support 19 11-20-2012 07:15 AM
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
Rootkit Zero Access Trojan / Virus
System Dell Duo inspiron 1090 Windows 7 Home Premium Machine has been infected by above mentioned virus this was deduced by running task manager and the top process read something 778686798.123456.exe then browsing google to see what I could find it couldn't be stopped and it has disabled all virus...
bigfoot57 Resolved HJT Threads 78 11-30-2011 02:31 PM
[SOLVED] Rootkit problem: hidden boot sector.
Dearest Techies: I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron N7010 Notebook. A few days ago the computer would not start and took me to the windows 7 startup repair utility, and it was unsuccessful in repairing the problem. I ended up having to restore the system to factory settings to get...
Raygumm Resolved HJT Threads 60 07-03-2011 09:07 PM