Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

User Tag List

Two Problems W/ Linux Mint 19

This is a discussion on Two Problems W/ Linux Mint 19 within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My first problem is linux and nvidia are not seeing the third monitor on my intel rig. I know it

Old 03-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Mistake

My first problem is linux and nvidia are not seeing the third monitor on my intel rig. I know it is hooked up properly because it works with windows.

When I looked for the nvidia software in Linux and it is listed as Nvidia X Sever Settings. I don't have a server, but that was all I could find. I went into the " X Server Display Configuration" and clicked on the "Detect Displays" button, but nothing happens. Any ideas how to get Linux Mint 19.3 to see the third monitor?

My second problem is linux doesn't see my HP OfficeJet 6700 scanner ... according to the printer I need to go into the HP software for the printer to turn on the scanner, but linux doesn't have the software in the manager, so how do I get linux to connect the scanner?

Thanks for reading my post.
spirittoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
Registered Member

You have to download the linux driver from Nvidia that matches your graphics card. You will have to run the installer on the command line and will need to install gcc and your updated kernel and development tools. Once you can build you need to init 3 to get to a command line out of graphical mode. Run the installer as root. See if you can get by without digitally signing the driver. If that fails you have to sign the driver. These questions will prompted to you during installation. Forget everything I said, it looks like it got easier.

https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to...-mint-19-tara/
christophHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

To find out if there are linux drivers for your printer, I would check out the HP site. HP is very good about supplying drivers for most of their products. However sometimes they just don't have them.

If you find that you can't get drivers I would look for the XSane Image Scanning software. It might be installed already on Mint. This should work for you with all your scanning needs.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote