Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

User Tag List

Bluetooth Speakers Windows 10 and Linux mate 19.3

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Speakers Windows 10 and Linux mate 19.3 within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently installed Linuxmint Mate 19.3 on my Lenovo V110 Laptop as a dual boot alongside windows 10 Home. Not

Old 05-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

I recently installed Linuxmint Mate 19.3 on my Lenovo V110 Laptop as a dual boot alongside windows 10 Home. Not a problem. I paired my speakers in Linux and played video and mp3 perfectly. But now I can't get the speakers to connect in Windows. Even after going back to Linux and shutting bluetooth down. Now I can't get them to play on either OS. Annoying as the Laptop only has miniscule scratchy audio. Has anyone got any good ideas, please.

Cheers rexghockey
rexghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2020, 10:01 PM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Get back to Mint and turn ON the bluetooth radio then shutdown the laptop (not bluetooth). Load Windows and confirm the bluetooth radio is on. Open the sound control panel, right click your speakers and select connect.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:29 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for your help, Stancestans, but I cannot get the BT Radio to connect in Linux or Windows. They make the usual connected sound but nothing. I have attached a screenshot from Windows and Linux, any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks rexghockey

PS it would appear that the Linux one was in wrong format.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bluetooth W10.png
Views:	5
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	325846  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 03:33 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hi Stancestons,

Finally I have had success. Please do not laugh. I put the covidsafe app on my phone between when I closed Linux and opened Windows sometime later, because bluetooth is turned on for the covidsafe app the speakers were connecting to my phone as they are paired. I even tested them with my phone to see if the speakers may have been at fault but they worked! Then due to a moment of brilliance the penny dropped and I turned bluetooth off on my phone and had immediate success pairing and using on both Windows and Linux. Thanks so much for your time and effort. Ny the way how long does it take for a red face to subside?

Cheers rexghockeey