Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

User Tag List

Should I upgrade my RAM on macbook pro to improve BF3 performance

This is a discussion on Should I upgrade my RAM on macbook pro to improve BF3 performance within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I bought a macbook pro for study purposes, however it would be nice to have a decent experience in gaming.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

I bought a macbook pro for study purposes, however it would be nice to have a decent experience in gaming. I recently downloaded bf3 knowing fine it didnt pass the minimum requirements as the dedicated video ram was half the required amount. Its at 256mb and i need 512mb. In my laptops current setup i can play bf3 on low and it has the occasional stutter. Im just wondering if its possible to upgrade video ram (as i cant change the video card) and if I can, would it be worth the upgrade.

Im not too bothered about graphics, but good performance and possibly being able to record smooth gameplay are my main aims.

Please dont post anti-mac comments as I realise now that a pc would have probably been more suitable!!!

THANKS!

And I have a 4gb RAM. would improving ram improve video dedicated ram as i have double the required ram already?

and youve probably guessed i know little about computing hardware :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming

My System

Hello and welcome to TSF
you can not upgrade your video card in your mac and you can not increase the video ram alone as it is part of the video card
4 GB RAM are enough for BF3 adding more RAM won't do much, also RAM won't increase the game's frames per second but will prevent lag and stuttering but your problem here is not from RAM it's from your video card
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Ram upgrade?
Hi everyone I have a acer 5336 that I would like to upgrade to 4gb of ram from 3. It came with 3gb installed but there is only 2 slots. I thought the ram had to be the same on each slot yet you can't get 1.5 gb ram. Does anyone know what ram I have? Do I just need to buy another 2gb ram to get...
jake173 RAM and Power Supply Support 5 04-28-2011 08:06 AM
RAM upgrade - 266 or 533mhz? PC2-4300 or 4200?
I want to upgrade the RAM in a Toshiba Satellite M70 SR3 Laptop. SIW diagnostic software gives me the follwing info about the current RAM: Capacity: 512MB; Type: DDR2 (PC2-4300); Speed: 266Mhz (DDR2 533); Supported Frequencies: 200.0 MHz, 266.7 MHz, 266.7 MHz. The CPU is an Intel Pentium M...
dave_t0661 RAM and Power Supply Support 1 02-21-2011 10:07 AM
Upgrade RAM on Macbook Pro 17
Hi folks, Im new to this site, but have been looking around for a good forum that would help me out in search of upgrading my RAM for my 2010 MBP. My Specs: Model Name: MacBook Pro 17" Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: ...
avalanchehockey Mac Support 3 02-12-2011 07:43 PM
Sony PCV-W600G Ram Upgrade
Hello, I am attempting to upgrade the ram in an older machine that my wife uses. The Sony PCV-W600G currently has 512mb of DDR Ram. Sony's tech specs says this machine is capable of 1gb of ram. I installed two Kingston (value) 512MB PC2700 333 DDR Ram modules and the computer would not boot to...
jethoncho RAM and Power Supply Support 1 01-28-2011 09:42 AM