Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

User Tag List

PC makes buzzing noise and restarts randomly

This is a discussion on PC makes buzzing noise and restarts randomly within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I bought a PC without a GPU 4 months ago and bought an RX570 Sapphire 3 months ago. I've

Old 03-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

So I bought a PC without a GPU 4 months ago and bought an RX570 Sapphire 3 months ago. I've been playing games like CS:GO, Warframe, and etc since then without a problem. However for the past 3 days, every time I play a game like Warframe or Warframe itself my screen shuts black and I hear random buzzing noises and my computer proceeds to restart. Note that I hear the noise through my headphones, now I'm worried that my GPU is the one at fault here and that I have to replace it. It's also worth noting that the problem does not happen when I play less demanding games like Minecraft, and at the same time it doesn't happen when I put Youtube videos on 4k. My GPU temps range from 50-70 degree Celsius and the same temp for my CPU. Running videos on 4k graphics and playing less demanding games smoothly gives me hope, however every time I use Heaven Benchmark my computer gets the same problem at a certain part of the benchmarking. I've tried updating everything to its latest version but still no luck, I've tried uninstalling new drivers and installing old drivers for my GPU but still no luck. I also get some weird horizontal lines before restarting sometimes. Any solutions? Personally I feel like the PSU is at fault here.
PoliNomials is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

What happens if you lower the resolution?

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
What happens if you lower the resolution?
I've lowered my overall Resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1440 x 900, turns out the problem happened almost instantly when I started Heaven Benchmark on the lower reso setting. I want to note that Heaven Benchmark was on full screen taking up the whole monitor, while my overall display was on 1440 x 900
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2020, 12:37 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliNomials View Post
I've lowered my overall Resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1440 x 900, turns out the problem happened almost instantly when I started Heaven Benchmark on the lower reso setting. I want to note that Heaven Benchmark was on full screen taking up the whole monitor, while my overall display was on 1440 x 900
I've also observed that when I put my original Resolution back, the problem now happens almost instantly like when i put it at 1440 x 900 reso. I disconnected the GPU and my games are relatively playing smoothly although I had to tone down the graphics.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:43 AM   #5
Registered Member

UPDATE: so every time I start a game the problem happens almost instantly even if the game is really undemanding. I've read some other forums on this and this could be caused by a dying PSU, can anyone verify?
ECS H110M4-C2H
Intel Core i5-7400
Barracuda 2TB HDD
Teelkoou 120GB SSD
AMD Sapphire RX570
Crucial DDR4 8GB
CVS PS3-700W PSU
Old 03-11-2020, 05:59 AM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

PSU a possibility. No guarantee, but I like having a spare around anyway so it wouldn't be wasted money.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #7
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Just to tag on to Corday's advice, and from many years of experience you can't go wrong with trying a new / different power supply. You could also test your RX570 in another PC (with a capable PSU) if you're able to do that.
SpareChange is offline   Reply With Quote