Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

User Tag List

Mechwarrior runs on Windows 7!

This is a discussion on Mechwarrior runs on Windows 7! within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Headsup: this probably will be of no interest except if you are a Mechwarrior fan. Just because I was bored

Old 02-19-2020, 06:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

Headsup: this probably will be of no interest except if you are a Mechwarrior fan.

Just because I was bored one day, I pulled my legacy CD of Mechwarrior Vengence and tried to install it on W7 Pro. I never could before...just got an error message. It would only run on my Windows XP box.

Low and Behold! It installed! And it runs fine! For some strange reason it refused to see my Microsoft Sidewinder joystick, so I tried my Logitec Exreme 3D Pro and it worked after I installed the Logitech drivers; I had problems with the Logitech at first, but after 3 runs through the stick configuration tool, suddenly it worked perfectly.

So...now I am banging my head on the city fighting section. It's been so long, like playing it new again.

After this, I will try to install the add-ons, Black Knight and the greatest, Mercenaries. I hope they install.

Anyway.....that's my excitement for the week.
ayoubgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement