Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

User Tag List

Framerates unstable on every game I own.

This is a discussion on Framerates unstable on every game I own. within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This issue happened randomly when I downloaded rainbow six siege, it would run fine, hitting my set 60 fps locked.

Old 12-15-2019, 03:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

This issue happened randomly when I downloaded rainbow six siege, it would run fine, hitting my set 60 fps locked. Then it would randomly dip to 30 with unbearable input lag, I shook it off believing it was just the game, then I installed the new Call of Duty, the exact same issue was happening except this time no input lag, I checked the cpu usage when this happens, 30% usage, no matter which settings I use, ultra, medium, low the results are the same. The reason I knew this is to do with my system is due to playing a game I have played flawlessly in the past, having the same issues as Rainbow Six Siege, framerates as low as 15 and terrible input lag, before again going straight back up to 60.

My specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Video Card #1 Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Video Card #2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

RAM: 16 GB

Operating System: Windows 10

Thank you to anyone who replies
BruhMomentEcksD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Are you running all of the latest system drivers?
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
Game Team Tech

what is the make of your power supply ? also I noticed your running two different graphics cards for best results they both need to be the same.

what make of the memory?

also check fans as playing games the cpu can get very hot also the cards so check for dust.

From what you said either the psu needs replacing or the hard drive could be overheating.

Old 12-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #4
Registered Member

Sounds like a laptop. Check your battery settings. If it’s on balanced or a special setting it may be trying to downclock for heat. If it is a laptop. Driver updates are good. Check for a BIOS update as well. Could be a thermal check issue with theBIOS.
TechGeek30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:03 PM   #5
Windows Tech Team Moderator
Hardware Tech Team Moderator

Start the game, minimize and grab a screenshot of speccy/speedfan or any other such tools, continue to play the game, once you hit the fps lock, minimize and take another screenshot.

Please share the before and after screenshots here.

tristar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:55 AM   #6
Registered Member

Check your internet connection bandwidth and also check the updates are recovered or not.
ashish59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #7
Registered Member

Sounds to me like possibly switching between your CPU's iGPU (630) and your GTX 1060. Even if your CPU was throttling the jump from a 60 cap to 15 and then back up again would not be as dramatic. Since you're using a laptop I would try gaming with the charger brick attached vs. without, and also check your nvidia / Intel CPU gaming switches (meaning check your nvidia settings in the nvidia control panel).
SpareChange is offline   Reply With Quote