Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

User Tag List

All Games Crashing On Windows 10

This is a discussion on All Games Crashing On Windows 10 within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I recently purchased a $650 Cyber Power PC from Best Buy about 3 weeks ago. I've been running League

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-15-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I recently purchased a $650 Cyber Power PC from Best Buy about 3 weeks ago. I've been running League of Legends, CS:GO, Split or Steal, Minecraft, and Fortnite, and for the past 3 weeks everything has been running just fine, great even. However, last night I went to play a game of Fortnite, and halfway through the match, Fortnite crashed. When I tried to start it up again, it crashed halfway through the main loading screen. So I went to play another game, Split or Steal, and halfway through its loading screen, it crashed. I went to play CS:GO, League of Legends, and Minecraft... and they all crashed. What happens is I either get the games default crash message or a blue screen with HDMI no signal, and have to manually shut the computer off. One time, after the HDMI no signal, the screen went black and then I got a windows crash report or something saying it was taking crash data, it said something about a video error and said if I was going to call a certain number to give them a certain set of information, but before I could write anything down, my computer restarted. I've tried launching every game trying to get all that information and write it down, but now the games are just crashing, and not giving me that blue screen. I've ran a full scan, and offline scan with windows defender, but it said there are no viruses found. The only thing that has been different that I have noticed is when my PC first starts up, on the home page, there is blue Microsoft window that pops up, it has Windows Powershell in the title, but again it closes before I can write any info down. I've tried turning Powershell off. I've tried turning it back on. I'm not computer savy so I really have no idea what to do. Like I said, its a brand new computer, 3 weeks since I bought it. Its exceeded my expectations until now. Any info on what might be the problem, and what I can do it fix it would be appreciated. If you need any more information, I'd be happy to give it to you.

Thanks,

Spencer
spencer13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Don't worry about the Power Shell thing. IMO your computer is not fit for high end gaming. Download the free version of this: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html and post the temperatures of your CPU and Video Card. Also how much RAM you have.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
Registered Member

It says i have 8.00 GB of installed RAM
SYSTIN 94 Degrees
CPUTIN 105 Degrees
TMPIN5 105 Degrees
TMPIN6 244 Degrees
TMPIN8 228 Degrees
TMPIN7 114 Degrees
TMPIN3 104 Degrees
Package (Node 0) 123 Degrees
Not sure where the video card temperature is, like I said I'm not very computer savy. And as far as my computer not being fit for high end gaming, IK its probably not the best PC, but I can run all my games at the highest graphics setting and still get over 150 fps. I mean I get like 250 fps in MC. IDK if that means anything though.

The reason I bought this PC is because my old one, (2012) that was not built for gaming what so ever, crapped out on me. The only game that I run on this PC and not the old one is Fortnite. My old PC could run all those games, all be it, at a much lower FPS with minimal graphics. I could be wrong, but I feel like none of the games I am playing are very high end games lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #4
Registered Member

Update:
So TBH I never actually tried to see if Minecraft would work, I just assumed. I just tried it and it seems to be working fine so far. None of my other games are working for real though.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
Windows Tech Team

My System

I'd be interested in seeing a Speccy Snapshot. Preferably taken at a convenient moment when you've been gaming and have just taken a break.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications
1. Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.
2. Run the installer you’ve just downloaded.
a. Note: The Speccy free installer may now come with Avast and the Google Chrome browser bundled with it (or something else, what’s bundled has changed over time). Make sure that you UNCHECK the options to install any bundled software when you see the checkboxes during the Speccy install sequence. When you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.
You will then be presented the Speccy Main Window:

3. From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item [or press ALT+F,B]:

4. You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.

5. Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Note: If you want to save your system specs to a text file, at step 3 choose the Save as Text File option at step 3. This can be handy if you need to e-mail your specs.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #6
Registered Member

So I managed to launch Fortnite, and got through 1 game. After I died it only took about 30 seconds before the game crashed. I also didn't make it very far in the match(About 5 mins).

https://speccy.piriform.com/results/h...YdYU2XCZNFnrBU

This screenshot was taken about 30 seconds after my game crashed.
Hope it helps
Old 02-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #7
Registered Member

I was looking at my programs and features and there are a bunch of
Microsoft Visual C ++
I didn't think anything of it until I noticed that a few of them where installed 5 days ago. I don't know if it updates the install date when Microsoft Visual C ++ updates or not. I did some research and found that hackers can mask there viruses by calling them Microsoft Visual C ++, but I really don't want to uninstall them if that's not the case, just seems premature, and might screw up my PC even more, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #8
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Both Opera and Firefox consider your link a problem. My computer clock is correct, so the site is not guaranteed to be the correct one for Speccy.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:59 PM   #9
Registered Member

Various games require various versions of Microsoft Visual C++ in which could be your issue. It's hard to say though.

You are slightly exceeding the Ryzens max temps according to its specification sheet.
Graphics temps look good though. Are you overclocking?

I had a Cyberpower system I had to redo the thermal paste on about 5 years ago. It was put on incorrectly and could not transfer heat like it was designed to do.

Shut the computer down completely for about 10 minutes. Fire it back up and try the game that crashes the most and let us know how long it takes to crash please.
MacCentris likes this.
xrobwx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:21 PM   #10
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Both Opera and Firefox consider your link a problem. My computer clock is correct, so the site is not guaranteed to be the correct one for Speccy.
There have been some odd problems with the Speccy snapshot site off and on for months now. I got the clock warning and another, but if I proceed anyway it does show the snapshot.

Don't ask me what this is about, but there you have it, and it's not the first time this sort of thing has occurred.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:49 AM   #11
Windows Tech Team

My System

The specs I could find indicate the max operating temperature for the Ryzen 3 mobile series is 105° C, and having 98° C shortly after a crash suggests you may be overheating. Why that would be the case on a relatively new machine (and a Ryzen 3 should be able to handle gaming) is a mystery.

If this thing is only 3 weeks old and you're still within the time frame where Best Buy will take it back that's precisely what I'd do. This really shouldn't be happening, period, but particularly on a new machine where many of "the usual culprits" as far as overheating go cannot yet have accrued.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #12
Registered Member

Ok, so I shut my PC down for 10 minutes, then restarted. I tried starting Fortnite 3 separate times. From when I hit the loading screen the first time it took 7 seconds until it froze, 15 until I got the crash notification. The second was 21 seconds until it froze, 32 until the crash screen, 3rd time 19 seconds until it froze, 31 until the crash screen. My friend tried downloading something from the Ryzen website last night, and for a while it seemed to work(I think it was some sort of update for my drivers, but I'm not sure why because like I said its a brand new PC, and its says my drivers are all up to date). I was able to get about 3 Fortnite games before it crashed, and my other games seemed to work as well(fully loaded in). Do you guys think it may be prudent to do a factory reset? I mean I don't have anything to terribly important on this PC that can't be reinstalled, and I don't see how it could hurt. I also got that blue screen again last night and it stayed up long enough for me to write some info down. The information I got said TDR failure, and to visit Windows.com/stopcode. Any thought's on that?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #13
Registered Member

I honestly don't see how I could be overclocking, I mean I haven't done and tweaking on this computer yet, but just to be sure I tried getting into my bios setting, I clicked on my advanced settings...and it froze up. I waited about 5 minutes and it was still frozen so I manually shut it off. I went back in and it did the same thing. I've also noticed that when I go to open either Internet Explorer or Chrome for the first time it will either refresh the screen or completely close out of it, and sometimes when go to type something for the first time it will do the same thing. It does it when I try to open a new tab as well. Either it's a really expensive bugged out PC, or a virus, and I'm leaning towards virus at this point.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #14
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

A virus doesn't cause the problem. It's hardware related.
MacCentris likes this.

Old 02-16-2020, 01:02 PM   #15
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
A virus doesn't cause the problem. It's hardware related.
Yep. And there's absolutely no excuse for it on a virtually brand new machine.

You have a window where you can ditch it and get its replacement with the minimum of muss and fuss. If you wait until warranty service is what has to happen things become significantly more complicated.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #16
Registered Member

Well, I wen't ahead and did a full factory reset. I reinstalled Fortnite and it loaded quicker than it ever has. I was in the settings page changing my setting for a full 5 minutes thinking it had solved my problem. Turns out I got my hopes up for nothing because it crashed right after. I guess I'll have to take it back and hope they'll give me another because I didn't get a warranty but it hasn't been 30 days yet. Anyways, thanks to everyone for trying to help, I really appreciate it! If anyone can think of anything else, I'll keep watching this thread for a while, or email me at [email protected] Thanks again!
Old 02-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #17
Hardware Tech Team

My System

It's not a mobile processor it's very likely the Ryzen 3200/3400G - which is a Ryzen 3 using an A320 asrock mobo. Your CPU temps are way too high it's likely a simple fix (for a decent tech) where the CPU would be reseated properly with good contact and with the thermal grease properly applied. Max temps with a 3200-3400G with the default Wraith Stealth under load in most games should be no higher than 55-74c (well under 90c). As noted you bought a new Cyberpower PC you should be in direct contact with them to get your PC replaced.
SpareChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #18
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareChange View Post
It's not a mobile processor it's very likely the Ryzen 3200/3400G
Indeed, as I somehow misread something making me think this was a laptop PC, and there's no evidence of that.

The maximum operating temperature for the Ryzen 3 3200 is lower, 95° C, so the situation is worse, for some value of worse.

But it still comes down to the fact this should never be happening with a 3-week old computer that the owner has not touched "under the case" nor overclocked. The manufacturer shipped "a lemon." It happens, not often, but it happens.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:08 PM   #19
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Hopefully the OP will give us an update. From the OP's original post it was bought at Best Buy, a brick and mortar technology store and was within the 30 days seemingly so a simple walk-in return could have been done. Normally Best Buy is very good about taking back a faulty unit especially a computer tower. Additionally many times Geek Squad will do a simple test and fix right there or a swap out if they still carry the same unit.
SpareChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #20
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Just to pile on a little here it is odd that everything ran OK for 3 weeks and then this starts but to agree with everyone here virus don't cause this type of thing so it is likely some hardware is malfunctioning and as spare change suggests cpu Hsf makes the most sense. That said Antivirus programs that regrettably are on most branded systems sold can cause this and any Norton, Pc Cillan/Trend Micro or MacAfee or better yet Webroot BB likes to sell can cause this. Not only are those products intrusive, they disable Windows Defender built into Windows 10 that would be way more effective then those "dinosaurs" anyway. I would uninstall trial version or full version if you bought same and see if things don't improve.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote