Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > PC Gaming Support

User Tag List

All Games Crashing On Windows 10

This is a discussion on All Games Crashing On Windows 10 within the PC Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. See if the CPU fans are running. Could be the cooler took a ****.. that or maybe no CPU paste.

Like Tree2Likes
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 09:28 PM   #21
Registered Member

See if the CPU fans are running. Could be the cooler took a ****.. that or maybe no CPU paste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2020, 10:25 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer13579 View Post
So I recently purchased a $650 Cyber Power PC from Best Buy about 3 weeks ago. I've been running League of Legends, CS:GO, Split or Steal, Minecraft, and Fortnite, and for the past 3 weeks everything has been running just fine, great even. However, last night I went to play a game of Fortnite, and halfway through the match, Fortnite crashed. When I tried to start it up again, it crashed halfway through the main loading screen. So I went to play another game, Split or Steal, and halfway through its loading screen, it crashed. I went to play CS:GO, League of Legends, and Minecraft... and they all crashed. What happens is I either get the games default crash message or a blue screen with HDMI no signal, and have to manually shut the computer off. One time, after the HDMI no signal, the screen went black and then I got a windows crash report or something saying it was taking crash data, it said something about a video error and said if I was going to call a certain number to give them a certain set of information, but before I could write anything down, my computer restarted.
I have a cyberpower gaming PC from like 2014 and can play a LOT of steam games, (LOVE goat simulator lol). You got it about three weeks ago, chances are, you haven't installed/updated all drivers/libraries you need. First of all, you should install "games for windows live" that should install a bunch of things you need to play many games (windows framework and runtime libraries etc). Install OpenAL which is used in many of the older games. Update your video drivers (but be sure to create a restore point in case you mess things up, I can't stress that enough). There are hundreds (if not thousands) of gaming libraries you need to run most games flawlessly. Never download standalone dll files, make sure to download the right package instead that includes the dll.

You mentioned things used to be flawless and BOOM, everything got messed up out of the blue. I once had that happen when I installed a wrong driver (for my printer perhaps? Video? Don't remember)... Probably sound driver but I remember how stupid I felt when I realized that all went haywire after a "certain installation" I did myself...

Do retrace yours steps, I'm trying to help you figure out what may have happened. Another thing I do recommend is, upgrade to the latest windows update!! Your RAM could be better but it's probably not the reason you're having crashes.

Please don't give up, and keep us posted.

Liliana
Old 02-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
I was looking at my programs and features and there are a bunch of
Microsoft Visual C ++
I didn't think anything of it until I noticed that a few of them where installed 5 days ago. I don't know if it updates the install date when Microsoft Visual C ++ updates or not. I did some research and found that hackers can mask there viruses by calling them Microsoft Visual C ++, but I really don't want to uninstall them if that's not the case, just seems premature, and might screw up my PC even more, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
You could uninstall them, BUT you need them. It's that simple. "Game for windows live" brings them. If you want to know if they're legit, get malwarebytes on your machine and run a scan. Also you need the visual c++ to match the year a certain game was made. It's complicated, but if you don't have all the ones you need your computer will try to make up for it with whatever and it just doesn't work at its best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
So I recently purchased a $650 Cyber Power PC from Best Buy about 3 weeks ago. I've been running League of Legends, CS:GO, Split or Steal, Minecraft, and Fortnite, and for the past 3 weeks everything has been running just fine, great even. However, last night I went to play a game of Fortnite, and halfway through the match, Fortnite crashed. When I tried to start it up again, it crashed halfway through the main loading screen. So I went to play another game, Split or Steal, and halfway through its loading screen, it crashed. I went to play CS:GO, League of Legends, and Minecraft... and they all crashed. What happens is I either get the games default crash message or a blue screen with HDMI no signal, and have to manually shut the computer off. One time, after the HDMI no signal, the screen went black and then I got a windows crash report or something saying it was taking crash data, it said something about a video error and said if I was going to call a certain number to give them a certain set of information, but before I could write anything down, my computer restarted. I've tried launching every game trying to get all that information and write it down, but now the games are just crashing, and not giving me that blue screen. I've ran a full scan, and offline scan with windows defender, but it said there are no viruses found. The only thing that has been different that I have noticed is when my PC first starts up, on the home page, there is blue Microsoft window that pops up, it has Windows Powershell in the title, but again it closes before I can write any info down. I've tried turning Powershell off. I've tried turning it back on. I'm not computer savy so I really have no idea what to do. Like I said, its a brand new computer, 3 weeks since I bought it. Its exceeded my expectations until now. Any info on what might be the problem, and what I can do it fix it would be appreciated. If you need any more information, I'd be happy to give it to you.

Thanks,

Spencer
I'd also think for $650 you bought an under powered machine for what you want to do. The puzzling thing is that you say all the games initially worked for weeks. I'm wondering if it worked when you had 1 or 2 games loaded but not later when you added more games plus software that came with it. Also at start-up you need to make sure what applications are loading right away versus set to delay or not start until selected. Movie editing and other included applications may be too much if they are loaded every time you start up, overloading your memory. Antivirus runs in the background, you may need to select delayed start.
Apple software updates even though you don't use Apple products can cause problems and viruses. Make sure your new computer isn't overheating by being in an unventilated desk, up against the wall with baseboard heat etc.
If it initially worked return it under the manufacturer's warranty and buy a more powerful gaming machine new or buy a used but powerful gaming PC as other gamers continue to upgrade to be the best on on-line games.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:47 PM   #25
Registered Member

Idea

Quote:
Ok, so I shut my PC down for 10 minutes, then restarted. I tried starting Fortnite 3 separate times. From when I hit the loading screen the first time it took 7 seconds until it froze, 15 until I got the crash notification. The second was 21 seconds until it froze, 32 until the crash screen, 3rd time 19 seconds until it froze, 31 until the crash screen. My friend tried downloading something from the Ryzen website last night, and for a while it seemed to work(I think it was some sort of update for my drivers, but I'm not sure why because like I said its a brand new PC, and its says my drivers are all up to date). I was able to get about 3 Fortnite games before it crashed, and my other games seemed to work as well(fully loaded in). Do you guys think it may be prudent to do a factory reset? I mean I don't have anything to terribly important on this PC that can't be reinstalled, and I don't see how it could hurt. I also got that blue screen again last night and it stayed up long enough for me to write some info down. The information I got said TDR failure, and to visit Windows.com/stopcode. Any thought's on that?

The more I read your posts the more I'm beginning to believe you either got a "dud" computer, or you could have "incompatible" RAM. This doesn't seem to be a "you need a better PC" issue, there might be something WRONG with your PC. I would, without hesitation, reset that sucker. And honestly, watch your step from now on, create restore points after installing a COUPLE of games, don't do everything in one day but DO "wet your feet" with all the games before you keep installing. If the computer HARDWARE is the issue, you COULD buy a 2K dollar gaming computer with bad hardware and it would still give you the same issues.

Nobody knows what your computer can do, except you and sometimes I've heard about people with "over-powered" PCs have plenty of issues too. Just don't run more than one game at the same time, and set secondary programs to start delayed.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgengineer10 View Post
Apple software updates even though you don't use Apple products can cause problems and viruses.

Please don't make up rumors like this, Apple products will NOT give you viruses (specially if installed properly through the Apple Software Update application). They DO, however, slow down your PC. Sadly, there is NO way to deactivate the Apple updates (that I know of, they are a pain to deal with).

And the only problem they DO cause is, the application seems to butt-in at the most inconvenient times to remind you to update something.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:18 PM   #27
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Now now, folks, let's not bombard OP with misinformation. They haven't posted for nearly a week now and they received solid advice. Let's hold our horses and await their return and feedback. Your desire to help is appreciated though.
Closed Thread