Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

User Tag List

Need to Create Unique Contact List

This is a discussion on Need to Create Unique Contact List within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. Let's say I have 1000 general contacts in my Contacts list. I

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. Let's say I have 1000 general contacts in my Contacts list. I would like to create a new group or contacts category out of 250 of those contacts, and call it "Art Galleries." I've been researching for hours on how to do this, and can't find any useful directions. I can right click contacts in "Contacts" and "categorize" them. But when I create this "search folder," nothing shows up. In the "Contacts" view of Outlook, I can "Add New Group." It's easy! You just click "Add New Group" and name it. But then what? You get a new group, but how do you add contacts to this group? What I essentially need to do is this:

1 -- Create a specific group of contacts: eg. Art Galleries
2 -- I want to be able to open this group so that I can see all members
3 -- I want to be able to do (2) things with this group: a) email members of the group individually, and b) "Mail Merge" entire group to Word as mailing labels.

Can someone please provide specific instructions (or a link to instructions) on how to create this specific group, or contact list, or category (whatever it's called)? I can do the mail merge by selecting contacts one by one, it's creating the separate list that is being problematic. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Creating a New Contact Group in Outlook | Information Services

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread