Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

User Tag List

Macro for MS word for removing duplicate sentences

This is a discussion on Macro for MS word for removing duplicate sentences within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Experts Firstly, thank you to TechSuport forum( looks like i have been sleeping all these days ) , i

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Experts

Firstly, thank you to TechSuport forum( looks like i have been sleeping all these days ) , i never knew that there is a wonderful site like this.

Coming to my issue, i need all your help for the below:

To remove the duplicate sentences from my MS word document, i followed the below thread and it worked wonders.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...nt-344830.html
( Removing duplicate text in a word document)

However, when i run the macro with more sentences, i get the error

<Run time error '5854': String parameter too long>

Does this mean, because of more sentences, the string comparison is nbot being done. Am no techie at this. however, if anyone can help me with some code addition to the one in the blog above

Thanks in advance
Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

You have to write the macro to a different criteria from the one that you mentioned. It was specific to a situation.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_in_question View Post
Does this mean, because of more sentences, the string comparison is nbot being done.
No, it just means your sentences are too long to use with Find/Replace - which is what the code employs. There is no string comparison being done.

Cheers,
Paul Edstein
(MS MVP - Word)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Word 2007 Macro
I'm exporting Excel values into a Word doc (tables). Note: I'm not mail merging. I need to have a Word 2007 macro cleanup the numbers. The numeric values range from $#######.#######. Most values starting with a $ need to be formatted in currency ($.5 to $.50) Other values without a preceding $ do...
tauterouff Microsoft Office support 36 04-18-2013 05:24 PM
Word Macro Problem with UAC Win Vista/7
Hi, I've a macro in my word template witch call a url and upload the word file on a web server. Since Windows 98, all was ok but since Vista and 7 Windows, i've a problem with users who have the UAC at maximum level. Here is the part of the macro Sub IEPostStringRequest(URL As String,...
kilicool Microsoft Office support 1 04-03-2013 03:03 AM
[SOLVED] Need help with really simple macro for Word 2003
I want a macro that will simply find the next occurrence of anything with the style Heading 9. I recorded one but it seems to not work. So I did a little research on the forum here and re-recorded it and made some minor modification. It still does not work. It appears that it just does nothing...
Frank N Stein Microsoft Office support 6 04-27-2011 02:52 PM
Invoke Print in Word 2010 using Macro
hi my requirement is i need to show my company name while in the print out of word document but should not in the word Document https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/worddev/thread/d7b9a895-e104-4b11-958 5-18132fd3216c i got answers from microsoft forum from Graham but my proplem is i...
sivakl2001 Microsoft Office support 1 04-11-2011 08:35 PM
AutoOpen macro does not work in Word 2007
I try to record an AutoOpen macro in Word 2007 that always worked in Word 2003. I name the macro AutoOpen, start recording the simple operation of sending the cursor with Ctrl+End to the end of the document. End of recording macro. When I close the document and open it again the cursor does...
gr5959 Microsoft Office support 0 02-21-2011 02:26 PM