Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

User Tag List

Different Word 2016 equation editors

This is a discussion on Different Word 2016 equation editors within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. With the new Microsoft Word 2016 if you insert an equation through the Equation button within the Insert menu you

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

With the new Microsoft Word 2016 if you insert an equation through the Equation button within the Insert menu you get this new-looking editor.

Equations created in such a way can be viewed in inline, professional or linear mode and offer advanced options.

But if you use a keyboard shortcut (Alt+= or any user defined one) instead you end up getting this old-fashioned editor:

And if you edit equations from documents made by other people sometimes they are opened with the new editor, sometimes with the old one.

Can anyone explain the difference between them and how to force Word to always use the new one, please?, I would like to get it with a keyboard shortcut.
And also how to convert an equation made with the old editor onto the new format?

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Cross-posted at: Different Word 2016 equation editors
For cross-posting etiquette, please read: Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters

Cheers,
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe) - Minidump attached
Just had this randomly happen last night while browsing youtube. (Had a video game idling in the bg at the time as well). Can't seem to track down the cause of the problem.
hfxdesign BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 03-25-2016 08:52 AM
virus removal windows 7
Hello everyone, my name is James and the problem with my computer is when you try and go to a page you get usually get redirected to another website. I had noticed it was only on firefox so I removed firefox and downloaded Google chrome but the problem was not fixed. I realized that somehow my...
myfyn69 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 46 02-22-2012 07:53 PM
IE keep on opening itself and the "get answer fast" google redirecting problem
I just restore my pc 3 days ago as my drive C just gor some problems...(and i think i still have the blue screen problem now and it will shut down by itself..i dont know what to do too..) And now I have the IE keep on opening itself and the "get answer fast" google redirecting problem.. I read some...
akisaed Resolved HJT Threads 27 10-27-2011 12:44 PM
[SOLVED] Unable to add words to Word custom dictionary
I noticed today that I was unable to add a word with a red squiggly underline to my custom dictionary in Word (Office 2007, Windows 7). I had been able to do so previously (last date stamp on the CUSTOM.DIC file was 4/27/11). The option to add the word to the dictionary is greyed out. If I right...
PLS123 Microsoft Office support 4 05-10-2011 04:43 PM
HELP...Outlook / Word 2007 Interactivity.....
Thanks in advance for any help. Although not a show stopper, this problem is very nagging as I am "in transition" and sending attachments (resumes) is my life right now... Running Windows 7, Office 2007. When attaching any word file (doc, docx) to an outgoing email, I get the generic MS Word...
tmy023 Microsoft Office support 0 05-04-2011 09:10 AM