Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

User Tag List

Beware Dynamic Arrays in Exel

This is a discussion on Beware Dynamic Arrays in Exel within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Last week, I got dynamic arrays. I spent a week building a program using them, and they are great. Unfortunately,

Old 01-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Last week, I got dynamic arrays. I spent a week building a program using them, and they are great. Unfortunately, Excel blew up. With four escalations, Microsoft got me re-installed—but without dynamic arrays! One week’s work, shot. Now, I am in my third hour of trying to get an install to include the new features. Beware using dynamic array in critical files. About to be transferred to my 8th support team. i discover they have an entire team for Dynamic array 365 problems. That tells me something.
cliffmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

After 5-1/2 hours on the phone with Microsoft, I learned some interesting things. Only the Insiders team can help if you have dynamic array. My problem got solved when they figured out how to re-install the Office package. I solved my dynamic array problems. On the plus side, even though on tech said they don't how to handle dynamic array, they were all very nice.
cliffmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:44 PM   #3
Windows Tech Team Moderator
Hardware Tech Team Moderator

Thanks for the update, it's important to note that a reinstall is required to fix them.

One caveat with Dynamic arrays are they should exist in the Excel version of the target users, else all that development really doesn't make sense.. I've moved over to PowerBI a long time ago, however during the one offs where I use Excel I stick to basic formulas so they're cross compatible..

tristar is offline   Reply With Quote