Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer & Edge Forum

User Tag List

With the launch of its Edge browser, Microsoft ends an antitrust era

This is a discussion on With the launch of its Edge browser, Microsoft ends an antitrust era within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. In a detailed blog post this week, the team developing Microsoft's new Windows 10 web browser detailed some of the

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:38 AM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
In a detailed blog post this week, the team developing Microsoft's new Windows 10 web browser detailed some of the security improvements it will usher in with the launch of Microsoft Edge.

In its antitrust arguments, Microsoft insisted that Internet Explorer was "integrated" into Windows as a core feature that couldn't be removed. They lost that argument decisively, which led, indirectly, to the EU's "browser choice screen." A variant of that argument resulted in bizarre products like the K and KN versions of Windows. Those SKUs, which had Windows Media Player removed, were produced at great cost by Microsoft, and as far as I can tell they were never purchased by an actual customer.

But one small subhead, buried in the middle of the post, leaped out at me and inspired flashbacks to the contentious U.S. v. Microsoft antitrust trial of the late 1990s.
With the launch of its Edge browser, Microsoft ends an antitrust era | ZDNet

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspected Virus/Spyware in Win7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Edition Here is the dds.txt content: DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64 Internet Explorer: 11.0.9600.17496 BrowserJavaVersion: 11.25.2 Run by Scott at 19:07:57 on 2015-01-03 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.8099.3989 . AV: Microsoft...
sediaz Inactive Malware Help Topics 15 01-23-2015 12:39 PM
Slow computer and hot deals pop ups
My computer has been very slow as of late. Even opening up a a folder can sometimes take awhile. Also using my firefox browser I get these side windows that pop up saying Hot Deals with different deals. The browser is also incredibly slow. I attached the necessary scans. I also do have a boot...
XMayenX Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 14 01-09-2015 12:33 PM
help me get rid of pcfixspeed/tech hotline
hi...this thing has whacked my laptop....I tried the stuff you asked for ...the ddr and the gmer.....the ddr wont run saying it cant run in compatibility mode///...and the gmer just shuts down my pc before it finishes///....please help....I have a Toshiba laptop c55a....with windows 8.... this...
tdcool1 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 18 09-12-2014 07:45 AM
[SOLVED] Fake Update Pop Ups in Browser
I bought a new Windows 8.1 laptop (HP Split X2) back in March 14 and have been getting pop ups telling me my media player, flash, or adobe is out of date and need to be updated. The browser would then download a file automatically to my hard drive. I get the same issue in Chrome, Firefox, & I.E....
Speargun Resolved HJT Threads 32 09-07-2014 03:53 PM
Rootkit problem - I posted log!
I keep getting BSODs after Windows startup in normal mode one was with "ataport.sys" and some others with "irql_not_less_or_equal" I believe it is some kind of rootkit or virus since I just got a new pair of memory which was memtested and it passed... I did this scan with DDS and GMER. As written...
Daniel089 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 46 09-04-2011 10:38 PM