User Tag List

New Edge Chromium

This is a discussion on New Edge Chromium within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've got Windows 10 Pro 1909 build and the new Chromium Edge, my problem is that when I go to

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djbillyd

Old 03-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've got Windows 10 Pro 1909 build and the new Chromium Edge, my problem is that when I go to Apps and Features and scroll down to Edge and click on it, there is no advance tab for repair or reset. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.
55Chetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

I'm not sure you have the new Edge browser as it shouldn't appear in Apps & Features. Run Windows Update or if it's not working correctly download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ed-on-chromium

EDIT: If you meant Programs & Features then the date of Edge should be 3/4/20. There is no Repair option, only a new download.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Windows Tech Team

My System

And the direct download page for the stable version of the new Chromium-based Edge:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
britechguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
I'm not sure you have the new Edge browser as it shouldn't appear in Apps & Features. Run Windows Update or if it's not working correctly download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ed-on-chromium

EDIT: If you meant Programs & Features then the date of Edge should be 3/4/20. There is no Repair option, only a new download.
Thanks for the replies, it is in the Programs & Features, but is also in the Apps & Features. The date I downloaded and installed was 3/5/20. Funny as I watched a video from a MS tech on another website and it said that the New Edge Chromium had a repair tab when you went to the Apps & Features, and he shows it on the video and he said if you don't see it, then you don't have the latest update for Windows 10 version 1909 but I do have all the latest updates so I don't understand. I appreciate our response and I guess I will call it good then since I found that you can reinstall the New Edge and I did that and it works again, go figure...lol
Old 03-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:

Ah, Chromium EDGE DOES reside in "Apps & Features". It's there as "Microsoft EDGE"....
55Chetter likes this.
djbillyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #6
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Windows 10 Pro 1909 build does not have the Chromium Edge it has Microsoft Edge.
Chromium Edge is still in beta testing.

Name:  edge.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  20.4 KB

MS Edge logo on the left MS Chromium Edge beta on the right.
Wrench97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #7
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench97 View Post
Windows 10 Pro 1909 build does not have the Chromium Edge it has Microsoft Edge.
Correct. At the moment unless you are a part of one of the very early (and slow) update cohorts you are certain to have Edge Original. For those very few who have received it via Windows Update, Edge Original is hidden from view. It is not fully removed as there are certain things Microsoft uses that require the EdgeHTML rendering engine.

Quote:
Incorrect. A stable version of new Chromium-based Edge has been available for download for those who want it immediately for weeks now. I do not know whether installing the stable version by manual download hides Edge Original or not, as I have not done so on my machines. Using the Canary, Dev, or Beta testing channel for Chromium-based Edge does not hide Edge Original.

I highly recommend the new Edge, and have been using the Dev channel for months now and it's rock solid. There is still development and testing going on for new Edge, but the stable version is stable.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:34 PM   #8
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
Correct. At the moment unless you are a part of one of the very early (and slow) update cohorts you are certain to have Edge Original. For those very few who have received it via Windows Update, Edge Original is hidden from view. It is not fully removed as there are certain things Microsoft uses that require the EdgeHTML rendering engine.

Incorrect. A stable version of new Chromium-based Edge has been available for download for those who want it immediately for weeks now. I do not know whether installing the stable version by manual download hides Edge Original or not, as I have not done so on my machines. Using the Canary, Dev, or Beta testing channel for Chromium-based Edge does not hide Edge Original.

I highly recommend the new Edge, and have been using the Dev channel for months now and it's rock solid. There is still development and testing going on for new Edge, but the stable version is stable.
My point is, chromium edge is not natively part of ver 1909 he would have had to actively downloaded and install it.
Wrench97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:34 PM   #9
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

When I first got the Chromium version the original was still present. When Windows Update gave it to me, the original went bye-bye.

Old 03-18-2020, 04:53 PM   #10
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
My point is, chromium edge is not natively part of ver 1909 he would have had to actively downloaded and install it.
Fine, and I agree, but that's not remotely the same as what you actually said, particularly about new Edge being beta.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:41 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:

Attachment 325364

MS Edge logo on the left MS Chromium Edge beta on the right.
Chromium EDGE has been out of beta for weeks. I had the beta version, and used it until the roll out. I guess if I looked I could find out when it went live, but it is not just a beta any more. And when you download it manually, or get it through WU, the old version disappears, and you see the new "swoop-E" instead of the blue E.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #12
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbillyd View Post
Chromium EDGE has been out of beta for weeks. . . .when you download it manually, or get it through WU, the old version disappears, and you see the new "swoop-E" instead of the blue E.
Thanks for that data point about what happens if you download and install manually. This is what I would have presumed, but when it comes to MS there are plenty of times they've thrown me for a loop.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
Thanks for that data point about what happens if you download and install manually. This is what I would have presumed, but when it comes to MS there are plenty of times they've thrown me for a loop.
That's what they do bruh. MS has more loops than a box of Cheerios!!!
Old 03-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #14
Registered Member

I wanted a fresh download of the old version but all I could get was the new Chromium version and that was back in January or February when I downloaded it and installed it. Only thing I was able to do was to do a reinstall when it wasn't working properly. I would of thought they would make a way to repair it or uninstall it, but you can't, I've tried and I can't uninstall it. Right now it is working properly and has stabilized for me. I am using it on both my laptop and desktop pc it's been ok now. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:10 AM   #15
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Let me confuse things. Now that Edge is Chrome based, ppapi is needed if user wants to run Flash. It didn't come with the MS Install.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Let me confuse things. Now that Edge is Chrome based, ppapi is needed if user wants to run Flash. It didn't come with the MS Install.
Well, Chrome is ending the Flash extension in December, so....
Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #17
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbillyd View Post
Well, Chrome is ending the Flash extension in December, so...
And they're not alone. Another thing being bid farewell.