Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer & Edge Forum

User Tag List

javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5)

This is a discussion on javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I cannot find out why the following code doesn't work with IE7. Pressing the button doesn't add the text (table)

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:07 AM   #1

I cannot find out why the following code doesn't work with IE7. Pressing the button doesn't add the text (table) to the page.
The code also loaded to https://startupisrael.com/gpazi/triptouch/test.php.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "https://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
function func()
{
var mydiv = document.getElementById("mydiv");

var mytable = document.createElement("table");
var mytr = document.createElement("tr");
var mytd = document.createElement("td");
var mytext = document.createTextNode("this is my text");
mytd.appendChild(mytext);
mytr.appendChild(mytd);
mytable.appendChild(mytr);
mydiv.appendChild(mytable);
}
</script>

<div id="mydiv"><button onclick="func();">click</button></div>
</body>
</html>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #2

got the answer -
IE requires a tbody element to insert a table using the DOM
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Javascript don't work after system restore
Sup, I'm having this problem with my browser, where javascript links do not respond when clicked. I've already 'manually' installed java twice from www.java.com, and nothing has changed. This problem gave me few disadvantages, such as when browsing, and also I'm unable to delete my hotmail mails...
yang Windows XP Support 3 06-13-2005 10:41 AM
No 5.1 sound
Hello, recently I installed a new mobo, but can't get soundcard to work properly. Mobo = gigabyte 7VT600-P-RZ; sound card = SB audigy platinum 1. The remote control centre is not being recognised/detected so I can't use optical out from front panel. So I use output from back and only 4 (plus sub)...
Anathema666 Sound Cards 4 06-07-2005 03:35 PM
Please anyone help tweak my code
Please Help my code for this program is listed below what the program is supposed to do is also listed below. I can't get it to work. The problem Write a program to compress a message consisting of the ten symbols A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J. You should create a variable-length code...
moonduke Programming 2 05-07-2005 08:32 PM
Code 19 - USB ports will not work, yellow exclamation mark beside them...
I have a Dell 4600 running XP Home and all my USB ports have suddenly stopped working. When I go to the device manager and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, each of the Intel(R) 8280 1EB VBB Universal Host Controller has a yellow exclamation mark beside them. When I check their...
Eltoddo Windows XP Support 2 04-11-2005 11:50 AM
javascript does not work in general
Hi guys, On my Desktop computer anything javascript related stopped working. I had XP-sp1, installed sp2. One day all javascript related things (Any link on the Internet that uses javascript) just stopped working. When I click on a link that uses javascript to open another window let's say, it...
zhang1983 Windows XP Support 4 10-15-2004 04:35 AM