User Tag List

Invalid Certificate Warnings

This is a discussion on Invalid Certificate Warnings within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. After installing Windows Updates KB890830, KB2807986, KB2809289 and KB2814124 on 18/3 I am receiving Invalid Certificate notices from some websites.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

After installing Windows Updates KB890830, KB2807986, KB2809289 and KB2814124 on 18/3 I am receiving Invalid Certificate notices from some websites. I've cleared out History, cookies, temp files etc but cannot get rid of them. My system is Vista Home Premium, SP2, IE9.
Should I worry anfd how can I stop them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

This is a problem for the typical user. Expired certificates or none whatsoever cause the prompt. If you're definitely sure you're on the site you chose and not a spoof then "allow this time only".

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
This is a problem for the typical user. Expired certificates or none whatsoever cause the prompt. If you're definitely sure you're on the site you chose and not a spoof then "allow this time only".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Registered Member

Many thanks for the help.
Would I expect this to happen each time I login to these sites in future?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Probably, but I've seen it intermittently. I even saw it with the Yahoo Certificate at one time.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google finds unauthorized certificate for google.com domain, scrambles to protect use
Google has taken steps to close potential security holes created by a fraudulent certificate for its google.com domain, discovered in late December. The certificate was erroneously issued by an intermediate certificate authority (CA) linking back to TurkTrust, a Turkish CA. "Intermediate CA...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 01-05-2013 08:07 AM
rmaitrack13.ads.gq1.yahoo.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate
HEllo, I get this message when I go to Yahoo mail on Firefox but not internet explorer. How can I ensure my mail is secure? Thankyou
EScrim General Computer Security 0 01-31-2012 02:50 AM
F-Secure spots malware signed with real code certificate
Researchers from security vendor F-Secure have spotted a rare malicious software sample that carried a valid secure code signing certificate from a Malaysian governmental institution. A code signing certificate is a kind of digital signature that ensures the authenticity and integrity of an...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 11-15-2011 12:09 PM
Invalid Security Certificate Issue
Hi, I just found your site and this is my very first post. I took the screen shot below of a certificate warning that keeps appearing at various times during the day. I have know idea what this means and to what it refers and what the implications might be. Hope you can offer some help and...
cobra22 General Computer Security 0 10-25-2011 12:05 PM
google invalid certificate and redirect virus removal
tried spybot (found & fixed many entries, thought it worked but it was back after re-boot)& malwarebytes (found nothing)to no avail. This clearly went through my entire network as 8 computers are infected. Im following the rules as to fixing one machine at a time. Please help, been down for...
angottis1 Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 06-11-2011 09:49 AM