Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer & Edge Forum

User Tag List

Internet Explorer 6 and 7 "does not respond" when opened

This is a discussion on Internet Explorer 6 and 7 "does not respond" when opened within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Quin, I am now facing the same issues you described in this post dated March 2007. I run McAfee

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #1

Hi Quin,

I am now facing the same issues you described in this post dated March 2007. I run McAfee full edition and it is not able to find anything neither Adware. My computer shows some other strange symptoms as well, like missing system tray icons but the IE issue is very similar to yours. I am using IE6 and I am quite sure some program has crept into IE surreptitiously. Did you manage to solve your problem?

-Ron

Hi,
I am having problems with Internet Explorer. When I open IE 7, it immediately freezes upon opening the first page. I had this problem months ago and resolved the similar problem by finding an add-on that was at fault. This time, the same thing began to happen. I tried running IE 7 in no add-ons mode and it still froze when trying to load the homepage. I tried different home pages to see if it was google.com but same problem. I uninstalled IE 7 and began experiencing the exact same problem with IE 6. I have run these programs multiple times:
Ad-aware, AVG anti-spyware, a-squared, mcafee, symantic, hijackthis, ccleaner,
These programs found a few spy ware and symantic found two backdoor trojans within the symantic folder. It continues to find these files everytime i run the program. I have rebooted the machine more times than i care to count. Firefox works fine, and i can get around to open IE 7 through the HELP section in control panel, but after maybe 10 seconds, it freezes. I think it is a program that is loading at the same time maybe and that is keeping IE from running correctly. Also, when it stops responding, I have to open task manager to close it in the processes tab. It also shows up twice in the applications tab, but only after it freezes. Please help. Sorry for the long post.
- Quin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
Manager, TSF Articles

OS: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 build 14361, Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

My System

Hi Ron,
Your problem is being dealt with in another thread. Please do not start another thread as this will confuse not only the people trying to help you, but also yourself.
Thanks, John.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Closed Thread