User Tag List

Import export IE settings

This is a discussion on Import export IE settings within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Is there a way to import or export IE settings so that I can compare my settings with those of

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

Is there a way to import or export IE settings so that I can compare my settings with those of my colleague?

I have a web application that lets users click on a link to view a zipped folder, which resides in a database. My colleague clicks the link and he is taken to another page, where a Save As dialog appears, allowing his to open or save the zipped folder, or cancel the action. However, when I try it, the new page opens briefly, then closes again without showing the dialog.

I need to know what settings are different without having to go through each setting one by one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

The only "Settings" you can import or export are Cookies, Favorites and Feeds. You could take screen shots of your settings but you'll need quite a few such as 2-3 just for "Advanced".

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Command line problem
Hi, I wanted to be able to induce the screensaver on my monitor when I was finished working. So, I followed the instructions on this link: How can I turn off the monitor (i.e., "put it to - Microsoft Answers EXCEPT that the second part of the instruction doesn't work i.e. the monitor...
priapus Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 50 06-18-2011 11:17 AM
How to IMport user settings from one account to another?
IS there anyway i can copy the LAN/network settings of one user account to another?
JustinCredible. Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 06-13-2011 12:53 PM
BSOD, atikmpag.sys
Hi! Since I installed Win7 on my new computersystem, i get these BSOD every first time on a day i start my computer. first some specs OS - Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Windows 7 Ultimate OEM 1/2 year
emddummi BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-06-2011 03:55 AM
[SOLVED] Can import but not export printers
Hi! I am in the work to clear up among the printers and change to a dedicated server. Currently today we have two printservers, virtual server 2005 windows 2003 r2 32-bit servers, one is also a AD server. I have one windows 2008 r2 64-bit server (AD server) And one VirtualBox windows 2003...
Upaco Windows Servers 1 01-28-2011 03:40 AM