Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer & Edge Forum

User Tag List

IE9 cannot display the webpage

This is a discussion on IE9 cannot display the webpage within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. WHen I attempt to access cerain webpages, particularly Amazon.com and its subsidiaries(i.e. imdb.com), I get the "cannot display the webpage"

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

WHen I attempt to access cerain webpages, particularly Amazon.com and its subsidiaries(i.e. imdb.com), I get the "cannot display the webpage" but after Refreshing several times the page appears. The page seems to try to load but then goes back to the "cannot display the webpage" page until after many refresh attempts. I have not found info on the forum that deals specifically with this. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
TSF Emeritus

Hello and welcome

Have a look to see if you are using any Proxie settings here's how to remove it.

Then this:

How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default?

Please download Cleanup! and install it.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:

Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
  • Empty Recycle Bins
  • Delete Cookies
  • Delete Prefetch files (if present)
  • Cleanup! All Users
  • Click on the Temporary Files tab and uncheck the box for Scan drives for files matching if it’s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program and Do Not reboot when prompted.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE canot display webpage
I have IE9 and firefox installed on my computer.Firefox works fine but whenever I click on IE it says cannot display webpage. Also when I try to install some programs on my computer like a online game it will say no internet connectivity detected.I was also trying to install microsoft office from...
chia25 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 08-28-2011 03:35 PM
[SOLVED] IE cannot display the webpage
I have a network with a 2003 windows server and around 60 XP computers. I also have 2 different gateways. I am trying to access a webpage "eparts.rmpparts.com". When I enter the address it comes up to the page that says "IE cannot display the webpage". I have treid and both gateways and same...
joeny0706 Networking Support 46 08-23-2011 09:33 AM
A few Questions
Hey guys I have a few more questions, I have been slowly working on my site and looking for stuff to do it like the software to set up a social site kinda like fb or myspace. well any ways I also wanted to set up a message board for the site for people to get help or talk about stuff, for now it...
Dblanchard1278 Web Design & Development 27 07-25-2011 02:47 AM
IE cannot display webpage
My sister gave me her older laptop (2years old) that she did not use anymore. When I try to log on to the internet it says IE cannot display webpage. In the address bar it shows res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# The homepage is set to www.msn.com. Along the bottom of the page it shows the circle...
fstrfvo Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 12 05-31-2011 01:48 AM
[SOLVED] IE9 Problem saving webpage
With IE8, saving a webpage was straightforward using Page/Save As. This saved to a single file which could then be clicked on to re-create the webpage. With IE9, the process "appears" to be the same but here a folder is created containing numerous individual files eg images used in the webpage....
wallace21 Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 3 05-05-2011 10:29 AM