Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer & Edge Forum

User Tag List

IE7 - print preview shows blank on first page, but some text on 2nd page

This is a discussion on IE7 - print preview shows blank on first page, but some text on 2nd page within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I have a client at my workplace who has some problems in Internet Explorer 7 on a Windows

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hey guys,

I have a client at my workplace who has some problems in Internet Explorer 7 on a Windows XP desktop system.

You see, every time my client wanted to print out something, he/she usually goes into print preview. From there, there is a blank page on the first page, but there is some text on the second (and subsequent) pages. He/she is trying to print from a pop-up window with the menu bars and buttons in place.

I have to experiment and play around with the zoom buttons and even change it from portrait and landscape. My client is trying to print some reports and statistics for the VOIP lines on the administration page. How do I fix the particular issue?

My best guess is to upgrade the entire IE web browser to 8 (or maybe 9). Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
TSF Emeritus

Hello simon726,

I would recommend upgrading to IE8. IE9 is not compatible with XP.

Also is the computer running the latest service pack?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go The Power View Post
Hello simon726,

I would recommend upgrading to IE8. IE9 is not compatible with XP.

Also is the computer running the latest service pack?
The computer that my client was using [that I know of] is running Windows XP SP2. I wasn't aware that IE9 won't work in Windows XP until now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
TSF Emeritus

The user also needs to update to SP3, to make sure the computer is running the most recent patches.
Closed Thread