Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer & Edge Forum

User Tag List

I apologize for the duplicate post . . .

This is a discussion on I apologize for the duplicate post . . . within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. But nobody has answered it in the security forum. here goes: Pesky problem w/ information bar -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think I

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #1

But nobody has answered it in the security forum. here goes:

Pesky problem w/ information bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I understand how all of this works, but apparently I'm missing something. My information bar warns me that my browser does not allow activex controls and this page may not display correctly. The page is in my trusted zone, and I have ActiveX enabled. When I click the bar, nothing happens. It's my webmail inbox page! I've tried resetting the options to 'prompt' and then back again, just to see what would happen, Nothing I change w/ ActiveX changes this behaviour. Out of frustration, I finally removed Norton Internet Security 2005 (took 3 reboots). I installed ZoneAlarm internet security today - problem persists. I also use spybot and ad-aware. I *think* I've checked everything in both of those programs and don't see any setting that would cause this. I've run registry mechanic also.

Possibly related - today I joined a C++ developers forum, and can't login. I keep getting the message the "this site uses cookies, you must have cookies enabled to login". Well, I have cookies enabled for my trusted zone. (I added the forum to my trusted zone). I've even tried accepting all cookies, 3rd party or 1st, doesn't matter, can't login. I added the site to my ZA sites list and enabled all of the cookies there, doesn't matter, can't login.

This is really starting to frustrate me. I feel much better now that I have my default zone locked up pretty tight, but I keep having these issues. One, I actually solved: the macromedia download was on an adobe page, but I had to add the macromedia site to my trusted zone also to get the download. When I clicke don "download now" I was on adobe.com, but when it finished I discovered I was redirected to macromedia.com - I figured that one out on a hunch. (yes, spent 30 minutes trying to dload flash player so I could produce a screen-recording tutorial for someone)

Anyone have a solution for the information bar/activex warning? How bout any of the rest of this? There's something I'm missing or somethings hosed, I don't know which.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread