Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer & Edge Forum

User Tag List

Everything I down load gets corrupted

This is a discussion on Everything I down load gets corrupted within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can get some files downloaded ok... but only smaller files. If a file is of decent size.. lets say

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 06:50 AM   #1

I can get some files downloaded ok... but only smaller files. If a file is of decent size.. lets say 20 megs or more chance are it gets corrupted.... and huge files of 80 megs or more are pointless for me to download.

I have tried from all kinds of sites.
It seems this all started after i upgraded to windows xp.. althought i do not know if that has anything to do with it ... But my downloading had been fine before and i have had this connection for a year .. and this computer for several months.

I do not run any fire walls and have tried turning off my virus scanner...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

Since you didn't mentioned, have you updated your Win XP through Windows update lately? What about Win XP SP2, do you have this installed?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 AM   #3

Most likely explanation is a virus thats gone undetected which is binding itself to every exe it can (thats why smaller ones may work, as it can't bind itself to them due to their size).

Go2 https://housecall.trendmicro.com and do a free virus scan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #4

Eveyrhting on my machine has been updated .. from my operating system to my chipset.

Everything is up to date, I had not tried to downlaod any large files prior to updating my compuer .. so i dont know if it was ok before updating.
I do know that I seem to have better luck with files if i down load in safe mode.

I have scanned for viruses and do not appear to have any.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Try deleting all your temp files in the temp folders.

Download CleanUp! (Alternate Link if main link don't work) and install it. Run CleanUp! and click on CleanUp! button. When it asks you if you want to logoff, click on Yes.

Now restart and try downloading those larger files.
Please do NOT PM me. Post whatever questions you may have in the forum and we will take a look at it when we get to it. If you have waited for more than 3 days, you may then and ONLY then PM me for assistance. I will take a look at it.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:32 AM   #6

Man, that clean up thing worked like a chARm.
I really didnt see how that was going to help, but by God it did.

Thanks much
Closed Thread