User Tag List

Edge open local file on NAS

This is a discussion on Edge open local file on NAS within the Internet Explorer & Edge Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have an local index.htm file, which I want to open with Edge as a favourite. This link works:

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi
I have an local index.htm file, which I want to open with Edge as a favourite.
This link works:
file:///c:/temp/Index.htm
(Index.htm is on my local PC)

But the file, I want to use is saved on my NAS-cloudstation (Synology). The link is:
file:///X:/CloudStation/Index/index.htm
This file cannot be opened with Edge (but works fine in Firefox). Error, Edge cannot access this page.

Any help ?

Yves

Windows 10
Edge 20.10240.16384.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Combofix Discussion thread
Just in case you guys haven't noticed, I have been inactive the last 2-3 days. I'm having some fellas do some renovation works at my place & from where my computer is located, they're tearing down walls about 10 feet away from me. :laugh: Will be somewhat inactive for the next few days but like...
sUBs The Security Hole 15031 12-08-2016 07:49 AM
Internet Explorer stops responding or runs slow
I have an older laptop with an Intel processor and 4GB of RAM running Vista. I am having issues which seem mainly to be in Internet Explorer and to a lesser extent in other programs as well. There are times when going into Windwos Mail that I get a message at the top of the page that says not...
jackdup Resolved HJT Threads 61 01-03-2015 03:15 PM
Check My Fix for oldfool
oldfool Help with desktop.ini virus and blue screens No sure where these came from in the past week, but I have two shadow icons on my desktop, and every folder has a desktop.ini configuration settings item. Tried to remove with MalwareByte anti-Malware and McAfee Security to no avail. Now I...
DrDOS Resolved Back Me Up Threads 19 11-11-2014 02:24 PM
google hijack and other problems
Kk, haven't been able to use google at all for some time. And I have been getting some hot linked random words in web pages that pops up an add when you pass the cursor over them. GMER didn't work for me at all. Went to blue screen with message that they shut windows down. And when I try to zip the...
Cpilot Resolved HJT Threads 35 09-29-2013 12:45 PM
NFTS.sys file error?
Windows 7 64 bit OEM Originally installed OS was Windows XP 32 bit Age of hardware about 2-3 years Most recent installation was about a week ago BSOD's kept happening throughout my PC's life, recently installed Windows 7 and deleted the partitions to help stop the BSOD's but they still...
chikenman31 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 01-16-2012 03:04 AM