Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Site has been hacked ans possibly infected

This is a discussion on Site has been hacked ans possibly infected within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! One of the sites I manage ( psychiatryQbank.com ) has been hacked. It had outdated wordpress, templates and plugins

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello!

One of the sites I manage (psychiatryQbank.com) has been hacked. It had outdated wordpress, templates and plugins versions and also a weak password.

The hacker added many files and pages in the server, created fake users, etc. I manually remove them all and did a wordpress restore from a backup done before the attack. After that, updated everything and changed the password, revised some folders permissions according to the wordpress docs. Also installed a security plugin called All in One WP Security and it now says the site is secure.

I went to this site: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net and did a scan. It says I still have malware.

Anyway, what worries me the most is that this site: psychiatryQbank.com Book Archive seems to be active and I DO NOT HAVE any page or post called 'download' and I do not have any other wordpress instance installed in my server in the 'download' folder. What is worse, I DON'T EVEN HAVE a 'download' folder at all in my server.

Could anyone please help me?
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

The website failed on the virus scanner most like due to it still finding the files or payload from a previous check. The scan seems to be related to the Download page you speak of.

The page is most likely being hosted outside of WordPress. I would advise having a professional clean up the page.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

But being hosted where? Is there a way to find it out?

There is no 'download' folder on my public_html folder.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corrupt files
Hi there, i currently have a family members pc over to fix but have ran into more problems than i was expecting, i could really do with some further expertise as i'm at a loss. PC is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with SP1. The original problem was the speaker icon in the tray had a...
Andrew79 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 23 05-29-2015 12:31 PM
Please Help! Infected with Viruses, Accounts Hacked
I was using my computer when a message started popping up that Windows encountered a critical problem and will restart. After that, I couldn't get the computer to turn on so I ran it in safe mode. Eventually, I was able to scan my computer with Avast and it found Win32:Adware-gen. I got a blue...
supernugget Resolved HJT Threads 46 11-16-2012 10:56 AM
External disc folders dispay as shortcuts
I think something must be wrong with my external disc folders and folders on my external HDD. They show up as shortcuts. When I open them a new window is opened and I can access the content. However that seems very strange. Also, I noticed that the update of my Antivir Software does not work...
armbroke Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 2 08-31-2011 08:25 PM
XP Security 2011/Java-CVE-2010/Cycbot Removal
Hey, everybody. Here's the lowdown: A couple of months ago my sister accidentally sent me the XP Security 2011 virus in a .JPG attached to her e-mail. (I know it was her, alas, as that's how she caught the exact same virus.) I took my PC to a local computer company and paid good money to...
KeithEKimball Resolved HJT Threads 20 08-15-2011 03:34 PM
I have script i don't want running on my site
I'm not sure if this is the right section but I need some advice and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running a forum on forumotion and I use mozilla firefox and noscript. Recently I noticed Criteo script is running on my forum, this is not standard on forumotion do you have any idea...
Simpson Web Design & Development 6 07-07-2011 05:18 AM