Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

sh4ldr folder??

This is a discussion on sh4ldr folder?? within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. so i noticed this folder pop up in my C: drive. looking inside it has a few files, initrd.gz, shldr,

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

so i noticed this folder pop up in my C: drive. looking inside it has a few files, initrd.gz, shldr, shldr.mbr, and vmlinuz. ive learned that this is a folder for spy hunter.. but.. ive heard spy hunter is malicious (thanks to my boyfriend for telling me to download it.. i just use it to scan since it hasnt picked up anything.) so im not sure if this folder is safe. in fact i don't even know if spy hunter is safe.
i'm mainly worried because i was.. Borrowing.. some software illegally. i have removed all the software that i downloaded.
sometimes i hear my computer turn on by itself in the middle of the night. it's a laptop, when im asleep i keep it closed, but i can hear it make a ding noise sometimes and the screen light up while its closed. maybe im just paranoid but i dont think thats normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spyware/popup issues
I need help with adware on my machine. every site I visit is swamped with popups. I am following the process of the malware topic now & will post my results here as I go along.I hope I have done everything right here :) dds.txt DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_x86 Internet Explorer:...
Garyc85 Resolved HJT Threads 12 04-09-2016 03:18 PM
Multiple Virus detection and Rogue Programs.
I have been passed a computer that appear to be badly infected with numerous nasties. Hopefully these are just adware but probably not AVG reports the following Adware MultiBundle.V Adware Generic5.APKC Adware Generic5.APFQ Unfortunately the person has compounded the problem by...
loftyandroley Resolved HJT Threads 22 04-17-2014 08:48 PM
Snap.do problem
Hi i am running windows 7 and i think one of my kids has downloaded something on my laptop.All my browsers open up with the Snap.do page as the home page.Looking through my programs there is no snap.do toolbar installed.All my browsers are set to google as home page but still start up with...
willwoms Resolved HJT Threads 17 09-06-2013 08:33 AM
smart hdd/ zero access virus infection
on 3 August our laptop was infected following clicking on a fake adobe flash player update. It started with the HDD virus giving fake warnings of hdd failure, then blacking out desktop etc. This was removed and restored but since then google searches are slow and redirect when clicked. I have tried...
lmm66 Resolved HJT Threads 40 08-22-2012 02:36 PM