Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Rescue disk

This is a discussion on Rescue disk within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What rescue disks are reasonably current and support newer hardware? I used to use Kaspersky but it hasn't been updated

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

What rescue disks are reasonably current and support newer hardware? I used to use Kaspersky but it hasn't been updated since 2010 and isn't compatible with some current hardware and hangs before loading is finished.

I tried a bunch of other rescue disks last year and one or 2 worked with my old laptop but didn't work with the desktop or vice versa. I can't remember which did what so I wanted to ask here instead of downloading first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I've never had an issue with Kaspersky with any hardware. Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 is updated on a regular basis.

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

It was another rescue disk from a different AV company which failed to load, I forgot which one worked like I said, Kasperky loads fine but hangs at at a certain point while scanning.
Apparently it is obsolete and its replacement will fix the hanging issue.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unknown HDD, Not Initialized (Help)
About 5 days ago my Seagate 3TB Barracuda HDD started running very slow. Transfer speeds dropped to 182kb/s it previously was around 25.6mb/s. So I started backing up as much as I could, but after 5 days and only getting about 300GB backed up I decided to run chkdsk on the drive. That was a bad...
fastrack12003 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 01-25-2016 05:55 PM
Redirecting and Blue Screen
Hi all, I've got something that's redirecting about 30% of what I click on google to random pages and advertisements. In addition, I had a blue screen when I woke up this morning. It said it had shut down to prevent something bad. I ran Malwarebytes earlier and it come back with: ...
Beetleju1ce Resolved HJT Threads 22 10-31-2012 04:36 AM
AVG - dropper.generic5.QYA
My PC has been running sluggishly recently. AVG had detected multiple trojan horses, the latest detection (dropper.generic5.QYA is the only one I documented) came up with dozens of executables (all roughly 129kb if I recall correctly), and having cloned the names of some exe's that I use) that...
Se7eN Resolved HJT Threads 16 01-26-2012 06:20 PM