Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Possible root kit on my cell phone?

This is a discussion on Possible root kit on my cell phone? within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with an Android OS on it. I have noticed that when I sometimes go

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with an Android OS on it. I have noticed that when I sometimes go on normal website through the Google app, it will redirect me to those pages where it says either "you have a virus" or "you won a million dollars". I have downloaded normal Antivirus software and ran with nothing there, but how can I check it deeper. It sometimes shows on websites I KNOW for a fact would never ever do that. Maybe hook it up to my laptop and run a scan from my laptop? Any apps you reccomend or things I should try? Anything helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

What antivirus is running on the phone?

What you are seeing is malicious advertisements that popup. It is very difficult to avoid unless the website removes the ad.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
Registered Member

Well I use a mixture of look out and malwarebytes, I don't use the real time protection with both because I know it conflicts. The ad is hard to describe because it seldom pops up, but when it does I have to exit the entire app because it's stuck on that page, it'll go to a page, with a pop up saying your android has detected a virus, it'll make my phone vibrate and it won't let me back out.
Closed Thread