Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Possible Malware on Win 7 Home 64 bit

This is a discussion on Possible Malware on Win 7 Home 64 bit within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have I got malware or was this event caused by a disk check gone wrong? Toshiba Satellite L770 laptop -

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Have I got malware or was this event caused by a disk check gone wrong?

Toshiba Satellite L770 laptop - 64 bit
Windows 7 Home
Kaspersky anti-virus
Using Mozilla exclusively as IB
Noticed that SolidWorks was taking 10 minutes to open
Disk clean up
Defrag
Loading MBAM and scanned - found PUP Slimware Utilities driver only
Disk check with no bad sectors found

Upon restart, serious changes:
appear to have lost internet connection
half of the desktop shortcuts disappeared including all Microsoft Office for example and all desktop files
Mozilla shortcut has been corrupted
Thunderbird is functional but there is no data including email accounts - appears like a fresh program download.

Ideas please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
malware, windows 7-64

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASUS TP550LA - Screen flickering when on battery after Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade
Hello, Thank you in advance for any ideas you can throw my way. I've been scouring Google in my spare time for a couple weeks without any success. I bought an ASUS TP550LA last year for my girlfriend to use for school. It came with Windows 8 home basic (64-bit) and worked properly using...
Dubz Driver Support 8 01-03-2016 11:11 AM
[SOLVED] Win 7 Home to Pro question
If I have an unused copy of Windows 7 Pro OEM along with the install sticker/code, can I use that code to upgrade a Win 7 Home laptop without reinstalling the O/S? IOW, can I go to "Computer Properties", and click on "Change Product Key", enter the unused key from my Win 7 Pro OEM package, and...
oblio98 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 03-14-2015 05:05 PM
vertical blue lines on vista home premium 32 bit version
I have a customer of mine who has an advent desktop with vista 32 bit home premium. The startup repair cannot repair the computer automatically. When you try to launch startup repair recommended, it keeps producing a blue screen with this error code nvlddmkm.sys. It has something to do with the...
sergios Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 01-16-2015 04:11 PM
Automatic logoff at Login in Win 2003 server 64 bit Standard Edition
I have a Windows 2003 Server 64 bit Standard Edition on a Intel Core 2 Quad with 4 GB RAM. When i try to logon into the system it automatically logs off. So i am not able to login at all into the system currently. I have Win 2003 Server 64 bit Standard Edition CD and i tried the Recovery...
buddy2434 Windows Servers 8 02-11-2011 05:41 AM
32 bit Win XP Home Boot issue
So my g/f pc burnt out, i think motherboard but didn't troubleshoot a lot because she wanted/needed so many upgrades that we figured why not just rebuild most of it. So we threw together a new case/ps/mobo/cpu/cooling system and just used the HD and CD drive from her last machine (mainly b/c she...
youtookmyname Windows XP Support 6 01-22-2011 05:02 PM