Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Norton allowing malware exe files?

This is a discussion on Norton allowing malware exe files? within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Today I was trying to find a rare song I wanted, I couldn't find it anywhere to buy so I

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Today I was trying to find a rare song I wanted, I couldn't find it anywhere to buy so I checked out a load of mp3 websites to download it, I was clicking on a lot of fake download links that would only download dodgy exe files, but I didn't download any of them.

A short time after I noticed my Norton 360 was allowing a load of dodgy looking exe files to be downloaded, it allowed them access and they were stored in Temp folder, I quickly deleted them to recycle bin, I noticed some info on them they said 'Cool Mirage Ltd' and 'bestdeals'. I thought it was all over then Norton started allowing more exe files, but this time I couldn't find them in Temp folder so I ran 2 computer scans with Norton and Spybot S&D but they found nothing.

Now I'm worried that there is malware/spyware/viruses on my computer somewhere and I can't find them, and Norton is allowing them!

I have attached 2 images, the first cotains the log of the first 2 exe files which access was allowed, they are called KYUw9jnk.exe and KghhQ6yn.exe, the second contains the second batch of exe files which access was allowed.

I have searched on the internet and can find no info on these exe files, if they are dangerous or not.

Please help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	125302   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	125303  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Registered Member

Can anyone help?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just installed a program and now my browser keeps crashing...
I downloaded "Mipony" under the false pretense that it was a safe program. Now Google Chrome has some weird add-ins, but it also crashes within a minute of use. Whenever I try to type in a website, the URL also changes by itself to something else. Thank you in advance! DDS...
Sylvir Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 05-16-2013 10:11 PM
[SOLVED] services.exe trojan ?!
My AVG anti-virus was beginning to detect a trojan (filepath - C:\Windows\System32\services.exe) but it is white-listed so I cannot delete it. I ran Malwarebytes as well, but that did not seem to help. AVG says the "Threat Name" is "Trojan horse Patched_c.LXT". AVG is also detecting a...
Stagaz_630 Resolved HJT Threads 14 08-08-2012 03:33 PM
Virus plays random audio ads
Hello, I have had this virus a few times before, and usually would simply system restore and it went away. However, this time I've been doing a lot recently and don't want to have to reinstall or re download all my stuff, so any advice I could get would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I'll be...
Deatho Resolved HJT Threads 24 07-23-2012 11:16 AM
HOTMAIL SENDING OUT SPAM AND COMPUTER SLOW
. DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64 Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 Run by User at 10:45:07 on 2011-09-19 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7600.0.1252.65.1033.18.7863.5581 . AV: Norton Internet Security *Enabled/Updated* {63DF5164-9100-186D-2187-8DC619EFD8BF} SP: Windows Defender...
spirit91 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 6 10-05-2011 09:27 PM
black screen before login in windows 7 x64
I am suddenly getting a a black screen with a frozen curson after the windows splash screen, but before logging in, so I cannot get in the system. I can get in thru safe mode, so I assume something is wrong with my registry. Here are the dds files. DDS (Ver_2011-07-14.01) - NTFS_AMD64 ...
nineball Resolved HJT Threads 3 07-26-2011 07:28 AM