Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

MS Edge: I keep seeing this page

This is a discussion on MS Edge: I keep seeing this page within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I don't understand where this is coming from. Edge is jumping to this page. I've scanned over and over with

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

I don't understand where this is coming from. Edge is jumping to this page. I've scanned over and over with Windows Defender and it doesn't find anything. This started about the same time as another warning began regarding a needed Flash Player update.

I have Mozilla Firefox installed also. None of this is happening with it.

Note: When I tried to preview this post, it jumped to a different page, mostly blue, saying there was an issue with Windows Defender.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bug.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	300929   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug_1.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	300937  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

THese messages are scams of course.
We recommend that you read this article…
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...lp-305963.html
follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the colored links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware HelpForum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Page number only starts at 2 or 0, for even-layout page
Hello, I want my body matter (main section of document, after the front matter i.e. title page, TOC etc) to start with a page that has the gutter on the right. Since I have mirror margins for my doc, I could only achieve this by setting the first page of the body matter, which is also where a...
longtalker Microsoft Office support 0 02-27-2015 04:14 AM
[SOLVED] Blue screen, have zip file and info but need help figuring some of the specs
Ok, think I followed the format correctly but I need a bit of help completing this. I am not the most tech savvy person. I'm using CPU-Z to find my information. Anything else I am not sure on, mainly power supply (I removed the back of my laptop but I see nothing on the power pack that resembles...
Powerpunk 5000 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 36 08-16-2013 12:12 PM
Facebook Page without profile?
I want to create a Fb page for my art features. but I prefer not to have a Profile. I heard if one creates a page fresh from facebook's homepage...the profile doesn't get created. only the account and and the page. but facebook asks if it is a celeb page or not - things like these. Artists, who...
Gdn8Melbourne Offline 3 04-20-2013 06:14 PM
Help. hard drive
hello techsupport. im here because my computer is hanging this past few days. sometimes its going blue screen. usually it will hang when im playing games. i dont know whats wrong on my computer. so i wonder my hard drive is failing . so i run a scandisk. here is the result Log Name: ...
chucks21 Hard Drive Support 2 04-01-2013 03:58 PM
XP freezes on lauching a program
Hi. Been having a sudden problem with my ageing Dell desktop. It runs XP SP2, and is a little slow and clunky, but does the job: I hadn't had a crash for something like six months before this occurred. I came into the room and found that the machine had restarted itself. I logged in, and waited...
George_H Windows XP Support 24 03-14-2011 11:24 AM