Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Laptop extremely slow, disk usage 100%, hangs randomly

This is a discussion on Laptop extremely slow, disk usage 100%, hangs randomly within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to start the thread, but I didn't know where

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to start the thread, but I didn't know where else I should post it, so.

My laptop has become extremely slow during booting and regular use. I can easily get a cup of coffee across the street during booting time and by the time I come back, my laptop might still not be ready...

The booting itself is not the problem; the login screen shows up in about 40 seconds (in comparison to everything else, this is really fast). After logging in, actually, it takes almost 10 minutes before I can normally use the laptop. I tried opening programs earlier than the 10-min wait, but the laptop simply doesn't respond or opens the program 2 mins later (which immediately says 'doesn't respond').

Some specs:
Dell Inspiron 15 N5050
bought July 2012 (Windows 7), upgraded to Windows 10 in 2015
Processor: Intel (R) Celeron(R) CPU B815 @ 1.60 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
Hard Disk: 320 GB
64-bit Operating System

I ranAdwCleaner which had no result. I have AVG Free 2017 installed as AntiVirus program and ZoneAlarm as Firewall. I also ran Malwarebytes and the Sophos Virus Removal Tool; No threats were found.

Maybe the laptop is just getting old and I simply need to buy a new one? I hope someone can help me get the old thing back on track again, 'cause it still looks decent and other than the speed/performance issue, it always has worked fine!

Thanks in advance.
Jissie14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I do not know what is wrong.
There are several issues with my computer right now, here i am disappointed, famished and desperate for the aid of this forum. - My monitor trips, like it goes blank for 2-3 seconds randomly (could be an hardware issue) - My computer even though on SSD is slow at times - I had 3 other hard...
Psychosis Resolved HJT Threads 5 04-29-2016 04:11 AM
Extremely Slow Internet On One Laptop Only
Hi, I have a year-old Sony Vaio laptop which connected to the internet without any problems on my BT Homehub connection. However, I recently moved in with my girlfriend who has a Virgin media connection and, although I can connect to it without problems, it is extremely slow (around 0.30 mbps)...
Richardjw84 Networking Support 19 07-05-2011 04:44 PM
extremely slow laptop
I am in desperate need of some help! My new laptop has broke and in the mean time someone has given me an old fujitsu amilo l7300 running windows xp. However the laptop is so slow that it is impossible to use. I have tried basic things such as clean up and defragment but it did nothing. I do not...
aaron12 Windows XP Support 3 06-20-2011 05:32 AM
Laptop is extremely slow
Hey guys, I have using my laptop for around a year and for some reason, it is now very very slow. The problem started a week ago when I was turning it on and it seemed a bit slower than normal but I ignored this and continued with my work. Throughout the week, problems appeared more frequently...
speedo1998 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 06-03-2011 07:10 PM
[SOLVED] Alienware M15x laptop suddenly extremely slow
Hi, Last summer, I bought myself an Alienware laptop, mainly for gaming, but also for 3D animation in my school works. It worked fine, until very recently: Since it has a 15-inch screen, I purchased an external 24-inch LCD display, connected by a VGA cable to my laptop. I started playing games...
Nazsha PC Gaming Support 4 03-31-2011 06:12 PM