Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Lag after everything I do

This is a discussion on Lag after everything I do within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. before I post the logs I wonder if there's an easier way to get rid of this. I'm pretty sure

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

before I post the logs I wonder if there's an easier way to get rid of this. I'm pretty sure it's malware. Basically, there is about 2-3 seconds of lag after almost everything I do. In the middle of typing a sentence, 2-3 seconds for my cursor to change when I hover over something with my mouse, dragging a scrollbar, etc. Could it be a keylogger do you think? In that case they'll see what I'm typing right now.

I've used malware bytes and super anti-spware, they found lots of things but didn't get rid of this. I think prevention is usually better than cure so I make backups with Acronis True Image, but my backups (at least some of them) have become corrupted and I can't use them. The other problem is I'll lose everything that's been installed after the backup I use. It would be nice if there's a backup program that would tell me everything that's gone on my computer since the last backup- So, if I restore before it and don't have this problem, I'll know it happened sometimes after that backup, narrow it down basically to the point it came to my system, and if it could restore everything BUT that, that would be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Computer Lag
I've been having lag which happens totally at random, I have no idea what's causing it. I got the PC about 3 Weeks ago, everything fine for the first 2 weeks then out of nowhere lag starts. The lag isn't really low frame-rate, the cursor moves as usual,no lag there, but all the programs and...
XxCassxX Other Hardware Support 24 01-23-2015 01:44 PM
Lag Spikes in Windows and in game. Cpu?
So after owning a computer that has run all games on high settings no problem for the past year, i've hit a problem by the name of lag spikes. First off , here are my specs AMD Phenom X4 955 (3.2gHz) HYNIX 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Ram AMD XFX Radeon HD5770 1Gb ASUS M4N68T-M motherboard ...
daysofstatic Motherboards, Bios & CPU 8 11-22-2011 05:46 AM
Strange lag in windows 7 even in safe mode
Hey guys. I'll cut right to the chase this time. Basically my problem is that recently I've been experiencing some unusual lag in windows 7 Ultimate. I'm having trouble determining the symptoms, but here's what I believe I've determined: the lag is consistent. It is from when I first start up...
risingstar64 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 11 11-12-2011 02:53 AM
Dell Vostro 1000 laptop-typing lag, sound lag, everything lag
So, I have a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop (which buying was a big mistake, I'm aware of that now) and I run Windows XP Service Pack 3. I have had (and am currently having) so many problems with it that I don't even know where to start, or if this is even the right place to put this. Months and...
britsticks Laptop Support 5 04-03-2011 09:48 AM