Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

I think I got rid of my virus, but I'm still experiencing some issues

This is a discussion on I think I got rid of my virus, but I'm still experiencing some issues within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, everyone. New user here. I thought I would try coming here for help. This is the first time I've

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, everyone. New user here. I thought I would try coming here for help. This is the first time I've had issues with my computer that I couldn't resolve myself, and I'm pretty worried. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Usually I'm able to get rid of any problems with Malware Bytes, CCleaner, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Panda Free Antivirus. Today though, on my Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, I was doing something I know I probably shouldn't have been doing, I was exploring kickass torrents and I got hit pretty hard by a virus when I clicked on a (fake?) green download button. I feel stupid, and I'm angry with myself, but that won't accomplish anything so I'm getting positive and I want to solve this. Anyway, my browser was being hijacked (I think), so I unplugged my internet and cleared my browser history completely in an attempt to prevent my information from being stolen. M.S.E, and Panda AV were pretty useless in preventing any of this, and didn't detect anything while it was happening. I turned my computer back on and downloaded Malware Bytes, (I normally have it but I got rid of it for some stupid reason) and it immediately started detecting a whole mess of stuff. I tried uninstalling some of the recent programs that were installed by the (malware?), and that somehow installed a bunch more viruses and malware onto my computer. Eventually though I was able to get rid of, what I thought was everything by uninstalling things, and the help of Malware Bytes. Now though, when I'm playing this game my desktop randomly flashes visibly through the game screen for a split second. It's like it's alt+tabbing back and forth in a fraction of a second. Also, clicking the (left or right mouse button, I don't know specifically which) can sometimes switch me to my desktop. Other issues I seem to be having sporadically is longer load times for games, and 1 time my computers boot time was drastically longer than it should have been (I have an SSD), but that hasn't happen a second time. I've read some of the stickys, so forgive me if I'm not doing something correctly, but I've download dds and attached the "attach.txt" file that I did just before coming here, and the "dds.txt" is attached as well. I know it said to do those before doing anything, but I'm dumb and didn't know, so I hope they help in some way at least.
Attached Files
File Type: txt attach.txt (10.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: txt dds.txt (24.4 KB, 19 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Registered Member

Bump. I'm still having this problem. I've since tried reinstalling my keyboard, mouse, and GPU drivers, but that didn't help. Unless I'm suppose to uninstall them first? I don't know how I would do that since Windows keeps downloading drivers when ever I comeback from a reset after deleting them. I even have Windows Update set to not automatically download stuff, but it does it anyway, internet connection, or none.
Closed Thread