Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

I know Email

This is a discussion on I know Email within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. In my spam folder I received and email entitled I Know, which claims to have installed malware RAT that has

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

In my spam folder I received and email entitled I Know, which claims to have installed malware RAT that has videos me in a compromising situation and wants ransom to prevent these videos from being published. It then states the malware has been removed without a trace. The email has displayed a very old unused password of mine.

A quick scan with Avira shows no detection and MBAM free is currently scanning. I don't notice any problems with the pc. There were never any compromising situations in front of this pc camera and the camera also has tape over the lens.

What should be the next step ? Or just ignore it as scam as shown in some search engines?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Ignore.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:29 AM   #3
Security Team

This is a scam.

Details of a similar one can be found in this article ... https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...n-adult-sites/