Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Hijack.FolderOptions won't remove.

This is a discussion on Hijack.FolderOptions won't remove. within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Malware bytes pro gives me a warning every couple of days about 3 or 4 of these folder.hijack options, I

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Malware bytes pro gives me a warning every couple of days about 3 or 4 of these folder.hijack options, I tell it to remove and sometimes it has me restart etc, but It never removes them. How do I get these off my PC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

Hello oPiruz,

My name is Tolga and I will assist you with your malware related problems.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.
First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Please download to and run all requested tools from your Desktop.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
My native language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Back up important files before we start.

Now, let's get started, shall we? Please do below steps.

STEP 1

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

Click the green 'Download now @bleepingcomputer' button.
Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
Once the Scan is done, select Cleaning
Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C#].txt
Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

STEP 2

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

========================================================

Things I need to see in your next post:
  • AdwCleaner Log
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
Old 05-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
TSF Security Manager
Emeritus

As this issue is being addressed in another forum, this topic will be closed.

A reminder. As we state here:
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...lp-305963.html

Quote:
NOTE: We are aware that users sometimes seek help from several Forums at the same time. Unfortunately, this can cause confusion and actually wastes time and resources - yours, ours and other Volunteers across the community. If you have already posted at another Forum, please advise us, or them, and choose just one.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2015
Closed Thread