I run a ComPaq C300 laptOP On windOwS xp VeR. 2002 & service pack 2. Now the thing is that I KNOW i gotta virus/worm on my system.But both the antivirus that I use (a registered Avira antivirus 4.8 that has About 2000 days of vaLiDity lEft Ie. aBoUT 6 years & AVG 8.5 besides)...dO not detecT anything wrong even when i run a scan in 'safe mode'. I even tried for 'in-the-cloud' scanning online via some scanners like Bitdefender (in both normal & 'safe mode' of my browser which is usually Mozilla Firefox) but even that didn't find anything.
But I know for a fact that I have a virus because it's directly affecting my hardware.Mainly I face following problems :-
1) When I turn my computer On, I've to Give an Administrator password 1rst I set through CMOS...my password has alphanumeric characters as well as numbers but my keypad doesn't work when i hit numeric keys now as it did earlier & I have trouble entering those numbers in my password although alphabet keys work fine & are entered into the field.Numbers keys I usually have to tap multiple times until it actually enters (when it doesn't, the computer emits a beeping sound as you would hear on invalid CMOS entry..like hitting backspace over empty fields somewhere)
2) When it actually gets to Windows GUI, My 'sticky keys' notification pops up which warns me i've hit 'Shift' or 'Ctrl' keys more than 5 times in succession which of course, I actually haven't..& i've checked my Shift & Ctrl keys...they are 'unstuck' & not actually pressed!
3) Wherever i click on the screen at sometimes..it's as if I've pressed 'Ctrl+A'..ie. every character on browser screen & every icon until THAT POINT where I've clicked on screen are selected automatically.This usually occurs sporadically & I come to know I'm going to face problems for some time with this virus.
4) This one is especially troublesome.When this virus/worm begins acting up...I have a lot of trouble with my browser.It's as if my 'Shift' Key is constantly pressed for a few minutes.What it means is that when i type somewhere like my address bar, every letter is in caps & i cannot type a simple 'dot' in..when i press that,instead '>'(greater than) symbol appears. If it's one of major domain sites like facebook or google, i can sometimes use shortcut keys but at other sites where other extensions are needed, i have to tap keys until i know i can get lower case characters again.
ALSO, This is particularly bothersome when i have to enter usernames & passwords which are almost always case-sensitive.Especially in passwords..all you see is dots or stars & you don't know what case you typed in & then get a 'username & password do not match'.
5) Since the occurrence is sporadic, my status/comments/even this forum entry end up as mixture of small case-large case lettering (unintentionally!! not fancy font thing). The special characters & numbers are especially harder to enter then because you get '@' on typing 2 or '<' on typing a comma
Can someone please Help? My processes or virus scans at these times do not show any unusual activities at such times