Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

globalroot\...\UAC... + BSOD

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ried 
#1 ·
My daughter began getting bad image for "globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACrgidbuvddt.dll" and popups hawking security software late Tuesday. I researched it as best I could yesterday and found numerous recommendations to use scanners Malwarebytes, Sophos, HiJackThis and A-Squared to identify the problem. Running in safe mode, followed directions, including renaming them to avoid the rootkit recognizing them. Of the 4 only A-Squared successfully ran. The others either wouldn't run in safe mode, or ran a couple of seconds and died with errors.

A-Squared identified a few high risk problems, including apparently the now infected versions of two of the other tools, including Braviax.exe and CRU629.DAT. Found information saying it was safe to delete these. Had A-Squared remove them.

Reboot showed the software ads were gone but the bad image errors still there. Reran scans to ensure the stuff I removed hadn't reconstituted itself. It hadn't. Machine running with errors but stable. Decided to get back on the network and download updates to A-Squared and see if newer was better. Same drill with the errors, got all the way to the normal desktop with icons, but then within about 10 seconds BSOD. "win32k.sys:2 - page_fault_in_nonpaged_area".

It does this now for a normal boot and for safe mode with or without network. I'm clueless how to proceed without being able to keep the machine up short of perhaps booting from a CD. Obviously I need technical help.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.