12-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Join Date: Jan 2014
OS: win 10
I have received the below email and would like to know if it is genuine or someone trying get into my PC?
Flash® Player for YouTube™ has been updated
Bookmark this page if you don't have time to read it now or if you want to retrieve the instructions it contains later!
This version brings improvements and is compatible with the upcoming Material Design version of YouTube™.
Chrome has started blocking Flash® content!
If you use Chrome version 53 or later you have probably noticed that Flash® content has become click-to-play on a multitude of websites. Even if Google™ is making a temporary exception for popular websites like YouTube™, it has planned to phase out the whitelist over time to finally make HTML5 the default experience! Take a few seconds to give five stars to Flash® Player for YouTube™ here to let Google know that there are people who still rely on Flash® Player to watch YouTube™ videos because their devices don't easily support the default HTML5 player. Here are a few samples of what you can write if you're not inspired:
Support the development of Flash® Player for YouTube™
If you have already rated and reviewed this extension but want to do more you can make a donation below, any amount is appreciated!
- Useful extension. My device consumes less CPU and RAM resources with Flash® Player than with the default HTML5 player.
- Useful extension. My device doesn't easily support HTML5 videos.
- Useful extension. I cannot watch HD videos without Flash® Player.
- Useful extension. Flash® Player performs better than the default HTML5 player on my device.
Amount: Currency: Improve your user experience on YouTube™
My other extension, Enhancer for YouTube™, has all the features you need to improve your user experience on YouTube™. It is used by hundreds of thousands users who have rated it 4.74/5 and who have posted hundreds of positive reviews. It is really easy to use and allows you to control volume level and playback speed with the mouse wheel, remove ads from videos (automatically or on-demand), remove annotations, disable autoplay and preloading for videos loaded in background tabs, automatically play videos in HD or any other format, loop videos (in part or in whole), and much more... So take a few seconds to try it, it's really worth it!
How to try out the Material Design version of YouTube™
Note: The Material Design version is still in development. If you don't see the new version after having followed these instructions it means that YouTube™ refuses to let you try it out.
That's it, you should be able to try out the new version of YouTube™ before it is released to the public!
- Right-click on the following link and select Open link in incognito window from the context menu: https://www.youtube.com/?hl=US&gl=US
- Open the Developers Tools in the incognito window by pressing F12 on your keyboard.
- Select the Application tab, expand the Storage > Cookies menu in the left column, right-click on https://www.youtube.com and click on Clear to delete cookies (see image below).
- Copy the following code: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=xc20BSxO5Uc; path=/; domain=.youtube.com";window.location.reload();
- Select the Console tab, click on the blue arrow or in the blank area, paste the code copied above, then press Enter on your keyboard (see image below).
- Close the Developers Tools by pressing F12 on your keyboard.