Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Firewall hiding, File Explorer won't stay open, slower than a dead sloth & more! :(

This is a discussion on Firewall hiding, File Explorer won't stay open, slower than a dead sloth & more! :( within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hail Mighty Techs! What is occuring with my puter?? Just about everything that could go wrong is err..going wrong To

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 02:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hail Mighty Techs!

What is occuring with my puter?? Just about everything that could go wrong is err..going wrong

To call it slow would be a massive understatement, it just took 35 mins for the browser to open & yet when it is open & I am on a site, like here, it all seems to work fine. But then opening something else, I click and wait & wait & wait & then everything freezes up & its "Not responding" when it unfreezes etc etc.

My Firewall disappeared (COMODO) doesn`t even show on the list in start menu or on Programs & Features, definately not running & icons all gone, but then I found it still in C: Programs. I tried to run it & nothing happens, tried running the installer exe & aside from asking if I wanted to allow it to change stuff, nothing happens, tried the crashrepair exe...Again nothing. Downloaded the program again & tried to install it, that freezes up & has never got passed 48%, mostly won`t get passed 7%. Skype also disappeared, I was using it, restarted puter & it was no longer installed lol No idea how many other things have gone.

Then there is File Explorer, dunno wassup with that, I click, it opens & a second later the screen goes black, the task bar reloads all the icons & explorer is closed again. Sometimes if I am quick I can get my cursor on to the page before everything goes black.

Windows are all being funky too, I click them and they stay behind each other, they don`t seem to want to come to the top & pop-ups come behind them too & I have no idea they are there. Other windows (especially browser) if minimised, won`t re-open, I can hover over it & the thumbnail will come up showing its there but it just won`t open, unless I make it full screen, then it will come up, but if I try to change that once its open it just disappears again & I can`t open the start menu when a browser is open.

I have run CCleaner & it only found about 4K MB to clean up, done scans with Malwarebytes & AVG & they both came up clean. Do you have any idea what could be wrong with my puter?

Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
(RAM) 4.00 GB
64-bit OS

Any help much appreciated!
Munki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread