Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

Exe not working

This is a discussion on Exe not working within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have been having a problem trying to solve this by doing various recommendations from the Net. None are working

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have been having a problem trying to solve this by doing various recommendations from the Net. None are working and I fear that if I keep on fiddling with things, it could make an annoying problem worse. Some of the proposed solutions involved downloading exe files which of course do not open, A couple I did manage to use, FixExec and exefix did nothing. I created an Exe.reg notepad file and have been into my registry files and changed settings but nothing works. I think a virus may have been behind it. I did run a program called Hitman Pro when I first had the problem and kept the log if that would help. Please help. Thank you.

Continued from here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My internet/modem routinely crashes and recently has stopped working completely.
I made an account specifically to get this question answered. I'm not very tech-savy, and I live in Japan, making it difficult to get professional advice/assistance in person. Please help. (Apologies if this is the wrong board) I'll try to be as detailed and concise as possible. For 6 months...
Josiah_D Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 05-14-2013 03:11 AM
network stops working for 2 mins when laptop joins network
Hi. We have a working home network with 4 pcs connected to the network. 3 via ethernet and 1 via wireless. Everything is working fine. Then we have 2 more laptops which are connecting via wireless. When either of those 2 laptops joins the network, the whole network stops working for a minute or 2....
crusherr Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 01-27-2013 12:49 PM
Motherboard stops booting after 2-3 hrs of working
Hi I have a ssembbeld desktop computer with following config:- "i5-2400, 3.10 Ghz Intel DH67BL M/B 8GB RAM (4GB module of kingston -2nos) WD - 1TB HDD Cooler Master 460 W PS Logitech wireless KDB & Mouse Cooler master Cabinet Samsung 18.5" LED
suteekshna Motherboards, Bios & CPU 14 12-31-2012 06:51 AM
EXE files not working, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT okay
I'm running Windows XP, SP3 I've had a bizarrely sudden malware attack (an abrupt browser shutdown and malware detection while simply browsing Google Docs), after which my antivirus has removed the threats and I've run a scan with Malwarebytes. But I now have the problem that EXEs don't work....
tarsus Windows XP Support 12 07-14-2011 08:48 PM